|Page (1) of 1 - 09/05/01||email article||print page|
HP To Release Proofing SystemsNew printers offer remote proofing, color sensing
The proofers start at $995 and offer remote proofing for sharing files over the Internet. They also include color sensing technology that recalibrates every system to the same reference state and embeds the color information in the remote proofing files, according to HP.
All of the new printers share common features. The HP Designjet 10ps is designed for small office and home users. The 20ps offers extra paper handling and server-based processing. And the 50ps printer also includes software licensed from Heidelberg Druckmaschinen AG for complete proofing capabilities.
Common features include:
- 90 percent of Pantone colors and 100 percent of all major offset color standards (SWOP, EuroScale, TOYO, DIC) through a software Adobe Postscript 3 RIP for Mac and Windows;
- Six-color printing at 2,400 x 1,200 DPI;
- HP Photoret III color-layering technology, 4 picoliters drop size and dye black ink;
- At best quality, an 11" x 17" glossy image on 13" x 19" media can be printed in approximately four minutes;
- Creation of remote proofing files based on PDF and JDF standards.
New media is available for the HP Designjet printers, including HP Proofing Matte and HP Proofing Semi-gloss.
The printers will be available this fall. The 10ps will sell for $995; the 20ps will sell for $1,795; and the 50ps will go for $3,495. For more information, visit http://www.hp.com.