|Page (1) of 1 - 09/09/02||email article||print page|
HP To Release New Wide-Format Printers5500-series includes 40 GB storage
The Designjet 5500 will be available in eight configurations. The models are built upon the Designjet 5000 architecture and offer twice the performance of the previous model, outputting at 100 square feet per hour on glossy media and 189 square feet per hour on coated printing material. They also offer a driverless printing workflow through the new Web file submitter and support seven internal languages: PDF1.3, TIFF, JPEG, PS3, CALS/G4, HP RTL and HP-GL/2. They support CAD media and also require smaller margins (5 mm).
Other features include:
- Individual configurations include a choice of Adobe PostScript RIP models.
- Six-ink system (CcMmYK).
- HP Color Layering technology.
- Automatic closed-loop color calibration.
- Output at 1,200 x 600 DPI.
- Offset emulations for EuroScale, SWOP, DIC, TOYO and JMPA and ICC profiles.
- Up to 256MB RAM memory.
- Modular ink delivery system supports both dye-based and pigment-based UV inks.
- 42-inch and 60-inch printing.
The following configurations will be available:
- HP Designjet 5500 42-inch $10,495
- HP Designjet 5500 60-inch $18,495
- HP Designjet 5500ps 42-inch $13,995
- HP Designjet 5500ps 60-inch $22,495
- HP Designjet 5500 UV 42-inch $10,495
- HP Designjet 5500 UV 60-inch $18,495
- HP Designjet 5500ps UV 42-inch $13,995
- HP Designjet 5500ps UV 60-inch $22,495
All models are expected to ship in the fall. For more information, visit http://www.hp.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Keywords:HP To Release New Wide-Format Printers 5500-series includes 40 GB storage
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved