|Page (1) of 1 - 11/21/11||email article||print page|
HP Showcases Powerful PCs and Digital Gadgets for Every Holiday Budget(November 21, 2011)
PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/22/11 -- This holiday season, HP (NYSE: HPQ) offers notebook and desktop PCs as well as accessories to satisfy everyone's technology needs -- at a range of prices sure to fit any budget.
From high-performance 3-D PCs to high-definition (HD) webcams, HP's holiday lineup brings family and friends together to virtually share memories and stay entertained with music, movie or games.
In addition, HP makes holiday shopping simple with its online Holiday Gift Guide. The guide provides gift suggestions for everyone on a shopper's list, from the entertainer to the entrepreneur.
Stocking stuffers - gifts under $100
- HP 4 Gigabyte (GB) USB Flash Drive provides a fashionable and user-friendly way to carry photos, video clips, documents and music files. Offered in red and purple, this USB Flash Drive makes transferring, storing and sharing files fast and easy. Starts at $14.99.(1)
- HP 12c Financial Calculator, a time-tested favorite, makes a great gift for students, collectors or business professionals in real estate, banking and finance. The limited edition 30th anniversary model has a unique production number laser-etched on the back and is sold in an elegant gift box. Starts at $79.99.(1)
- HP Webcam HD 5210 offers video so lifelike it feels like friends or loved ones are in the same room. This ultracompact webcam delivers HD(2) video that streams more clearly and with less lag time than previous models. With two noise-cancelling stereo microphones, all conversations sound crisp and clear. Starts at $99.99.(1)
Perfect presents - gifts under $400
- HP Wireless TV Connect allows wireless streaming of 1,080p HD(2) multimedia content, such as Blu-ray movies, videos and photos to a TV or home entertainment center without the clutter of cords. All that's needed is a notebook with HDMI output and a USB port, and a TV or entertainment system with an HDMI port. Starts at $149.99. Expected to be available with 3-D technology next month at a starting price of $179.99.(1)
- HP Mini 210 is the ideal mobile companion for the savvy social networker. Small enough to fit in a purse or bag and offered in a variety of fun colors, this slim PC keeps users connected in style. The HP Mini 210 comes with Beats Audio for superior audio quality on the go, a comfortable near-full-size keyboard and QuickWeb for connecting to the web, Facebook or Skype within seconds of powering up.(3) Starts at $299.99.(1)
- HP Pavilion dm1 is the ultimate ultraportable PC, blending performance and mobility in a stylish, compact design measuring less than 1-inch thin. With up to 11.5 hours of battery life,(4) an 11.6-inch diagonal HD(2) LED display, Beats Audio and HP Premier Experience, this affordable PC offers high-quality entertainment for mobile users. Starts at $399.99.(1)
Gifts for the whole family - priced under $600
- HP 3-D Monitor delivers the ultimate 3-D experience in an ultraslim 23-inch diagonal LED backlit display.(5) Bundled with two pairs of lightweight and comfortable 3-D glasses, and preloaded with a 3-D movie trailer for the animated film "Puss in Boots" from DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc., the HP 2311gt 3-D Monitor offers instant entertainment. Film Patterned Retarder technology provides a brighter display, clearer images and a flicker-free 3-D picture. Starts at $299.99. (1)
- Perfect for the whole family, the HP TouchSmart 320 is an all-in-one PC that provides a free-standing, tilt-enabled 20-inch touch display for interactive viewing and play. Create fun holiday videos and pictures, and connect with long-distance friends and family with the built-in webcam.(3) Families can experience endless entertainment with the HP TouchSmart 320 PC's range of built-for-touch apps, TV tuner and Beats Audio. Starts at $599.99.(1)
- HP Pavilion dv6 is an entertainment powerhouse notebook with the right amount of screen real estate at a great value. Movies look crisp on the notebook's vivid 15.6-inch diagonal HD Bright View LED(2) display, and music sounds the way the artist intended with Beats Audio technology and optimized on-board quad speakers. Starts at $599.99.(1)
Spectacular splurge - gifts under $2,000
- For those seeking the ultimate multimedia experience, the HP ENVY 17 3D offers the best 3-D visual experience in a notebook PC. In addition to sporting six powerful speakers, a subwoofer and Beats Audio for premium audio, the ENVY 17 3D provides 1,080p full HD(2) viewing along with improved viewing angles and color gamut for all 2-D and 3-D content. Starts at $1,599.99.(1)
More HP technology shopping tips, configuration suggestions and test results are available at www.TheNextBench.com.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
(2) HD content required to view HD images.
(3) Internet access is required.
(4) Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features use, wireless functionality and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. Additional details are available at Mobile Mark07 battery benchmark: http://www.bapco.com/products/mobilemark2007.
(5) 3-D glasses and 3-D content are required to view images in 3-D. 3-D visual experience may vary by viewer.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations, including execution of growth strategies, transformation initiatives and restructuring plans; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of growth strategies, transformation initiatives and restructuring plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2011 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2010. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2011 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Personal computing, HP ENVY laptops, HP desktop PCs, HP Holiday Gift Guide, HP 12c, Webcam , Computers/Peripherals, Home, Displays, Family, Internet, Notebook/Laptop, WiFi/Wireless, Flash Memory Drives, Keyboard, USB, Blu-ray/HD DVD, High Def (HD), Family, Digital Media Software, Computers/Home Office, Movies & Music, DVD, Web, Animation, Notebooks, Speakers, Accessories, Movies by Genre, Animation, DVD Software, DVD Audio, Accessories, Applications, Family, Music, Video, Images, Animators, Broadcast, Management, Management, Streaming, Digital, Internet/Web, Display, Camera/Film, Business, Internet, Web, Flash, Blu-ray/HD DVD, Standards/Initiatives, Anim, Graphics/Design, Internet Media, Design, Interactive/Multimedia, USA, Marketwire, Inc., , HP, Financial, Film, Television, Music, Internet Technology, Business, Entertainment, Internet, Family, Business Professionals, Other,