|Page (1) of 1 - 05/08/12||email article||print page|
HP Expands Thin and Light Collection With New Ultrabook Systems and Sleekbooks(May 08, 2012)
SHANGHAI, CHINA -- (Marketwire) -- 05/09/12 -- HP (NYSE: HPQ) today expanded its award-winning notebook portfolio with thin and light Ultrabook systems and Sleekbooks packed with the latest technologies for both consumer and business demands.
New additions to the HP collection include:
- The HP ENVY SpectreXT is an ultramobile premium Ultrabook that delivers an overall premium experience with extraordinary design and performance.
- Offering both style and substance, HP ENVY Sleekbooks and HP ENVY Ultrabook systems provide the ultimate entertainment experience in 14-inch and 15.6-inch diagonal display options.
- The enterprise-ready HP EliteBook Folio 9470m was built from the ground up to be everything a business Ultrabook should be, with the security, manageability and reliability features IT demands.
"Building on the success of the HP Folio13 and HP ENVY14 Spectre, we are now offering the most comprehensive Ultrabook portfolio in the industry," said James Mouton, senior vice president and general manager, Personal Computer Global Business Unit, HP. "Our expanded portfolio of HP Ultrabook systems and HP Sleekbooks for both consumers and businesses delivers uncompromised performance, quality and entertainment experiences within distinctive designs."
"The Ultrabook is quickly becoming the must-have solution for anyone who wants performance, responsiveness and a secure computing experience in a thin, elegant form factor," said Kirk Skaugen, vice president and general manager, PC Client Group, Intel. "HP's impressive line-up of consumer and business Ultrabooks deliver across the board."
The HP ENVY SpectreXT, HP ENVY Sleekbooks, HP ENVY Ultrabook systems and the HP EliteBook Folio join the HP thin and light portfolio, which also includes the recently introduced and award-winning HP Folio13 and HP ENVY14 Spectre.
The new HP ENVY notebooks also boast exclusive HP Innovations for an enhanced user experience:
- Beats Audio -- a high-performance technology developed by HP and Beats by Dr. Dre -- delivers big sound in a small package, while HP CoolSense technology automatically adjusts performance and internal fan settings for a noticeably cooler PC.
- HP Imagepad provides precise multifinger touch and gesture navigation, and the HP TrueVision HD Webcam produces bright, clean high-definition (HD) images.(1)
- Optional backlit keyboards are ideal for computing in low-light conditions.
Thinner design. Smarter than ever.
Built with a mix of premium materials, the HP ENVY SpectreXT boasts an all-metal design with stark lines that contrast with a soft texture. Crafted for mobility, the HP SpectreXT measures 14.5 millimeters (mm) thin, weighs 3.07 pounds(2) and includes a 13.3-inch HD(1) diagonal display with a slim bezel line. It also includes 128 gigabytes (GB) of solid state storage(3) and up to eight hours of battery life.(4) A full array of ports, including Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0 and HDMI, provide more ways to network without compromising size.
The HP SpectreXT supplies the speed users need, with support of an ultrafast mSATA solid state drive(3) and Intel® Rapid Start Technology(5) allowing for quick boot and resume times.
Powered by the latest Intel Core processors,(6) the HP SpectreXT also includes Intel Smart Connect Technology,(7) which automatically updates email while the notebook is in sleep mode.
The HP SpectreXT offers a performance-tuned software image, full versions of Adobe Photoshop® Elements 10 and Adobe Premiere Elements 10. A concierge phone line for technical support is dedicated exclusively to HP ENVY Spectre users.
To safeguard confidential data and thwart cyber threats, the HP SpectreXT is preloaded with one year of Absolute Data Protect; two years of Norton Internet Security;(8) and Intel Identity Protection,(9) which provides advanced security.
Designed for rich audio quality, the HP SpectreXT features Beats Audio over quad speakers and via the headphone jack.
HP ENVY. Up for anything.
As thin as 19.8 mm and starting at less than 4 pounds,(2) the new HP ENVY notebooks feature a soft-touch, slip-resistant base in black or red, making them easy to grab and go.
The HP ENVY Ultrabook, available in 14- and 15.6-inch diagonal display sizes,(10) includes the latest Intel Core processors(6) and offers up to eight or nine hours of battery life,(4) respectively. The Ultrabook systems include an mSATA solid state drive(3) along with Intel Rapid Start,(5) Intel Identity Protection Technology,(9) Intel Smart Response(11) and Intel Smart Connect technologies.(7)
The HP ENVY Sleekbook -- available with either a 14-inch diagonal display and the latest Intel Core processors,(6) or a 15.6-inch diagonal display and the latest AMD Accelerated Processing Units (APU) -- boasts up to eight or nine hours of battery life,(4) respectively. With optional discrete graphics on Intel platforms and discrete-class graphics from AMD on AMD platforms, users can create and edit videos quickly and experience incredible gaming and multimedia.
In addition to Beats Audio, the ENVY Sleekbooks and Ultrabook systems contain dual speakers and a subwoofer for movies and music that look and sound their best. The HP Imagepad also includes a spun finish design.
The design users crave with features IT demands. No compromises.
The new HP EliteBook Folio 9470m is the first HP Ultrabook to provide a stylish, lightweight design without compromising its enterprise features. Measuring 14 inches diagonally and weighing 3.6 pounds,(2) this 19-mm-thin Ultrabook offers a full array of key ports and connectivity options for business users, including optional built-in 4G wireless WAN, full-sized Ethernet, VGA, DisplayPort and USB 3.0 connections.
Ideal for mobile professionals who spend a majority of time away from a desk, the HP EliteBook Folio offers all-day battery life to get you through the business day(4) and the option for a secondary battery that provides extended freedom from the power outlet. It also features a user-replaceable battery. The enterprise-class docking capability provides multidisplay support, integrated charging capability, and additional USB and legacy ports for enhanced productivity when used at the desk.
The HP EliteBook Folio delivers a cleaner, faster user experience with the HP Premier Image.(12) This includes the full set of HP EliteBook business software and antivirus protection -- without trial-ware or disruptive notifications.
It also offers enterprise-class manageability and multilevel security features, including HP Bios Protection,(13) which keeps systems running with enhanced protection against virus attacks and other threats.
The HP EliteBook Folio features an optional solid state drive(3) the Windows 7 Professional(4) operating system that enable quick boot up. The Ultrabook's third-generation Intel Core vPro processor(14) also delivers intelligent performance with embedded security.Additional IT-friendly features include an integrated Smart Card reader, fingerprint reader, embedded TPM security chip and choice of management tools.
The HP EliteBook Folio is part of the HP Global Series Program, which means it's available in consistent global configurations that allow for product standardization in up to 151 countries worldwide.
The sleek HP SpectreXT and HP ENVY Ultrabook also deliver configurations equipped with Windows 7 Professional for business productivity, providing an answer to the "consumerization of IT" trend. The HP SpectreXT additionally offers an embedded TPM security chip that protects data in email as well as information on the solid state drive for security-conscious users. Both Ultrabook systems, including the small business-focused HP ENVY Pro, also feature a-band wireless capabilities and optional three-year limited warranties.
To help ensure a safe and reliable computing experience for customers, all HP Ultrabook systems worldwide will ship with genuine Windows.
Pricing and availability(15)
- The HP ENVY SpectreXT is expected to be available in the United States on June 8 with a starting price of $999.99.
- The HP ENVY Ultrabook systems with 14-inch and 15.6-inch display sizes are expected to be available in the United States on May 9 with starting prices of $749.99 and $799.99, respectively.
- The HP ENVY Sleekbook with 14-inch display size is expected to be available in the United States on May 9 with a starting price of $699.99. The HP 15.6-inch Sleekbook is expected to be available in the United States on June 20 with a starting price of $599.99.
- The HP EliteBook Folio 9470m is expected to be available in the United States in October.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) HD content required to view HD images.
(2) Weight will vary by configuration.
(3) For SSD drive, 1 GB = 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 30 GB of system disk is reserved for system-recovery software.
(4) Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality and power-management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. Additional details are available at MobileMark07 battery benchmark.
(5) Requires a compatible Intel Core processor, Intel software and BIOS update, and optional Solid State Drive (SSD) or mSATA flash cache module. Depending on system configuration, results may vary.
(6) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers, and applications enabled for Intel 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on hardware and software configurations. Intel's numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(7) Requires Intel Core processor. Wireless access point and internet are required and not included. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
(8) Internet access required. Subscription required for live updates.
(9) Intel IPT security requires a separately purchased Symantec VIP software service subscription and must be activated and configured. Requires a website that uses Symantec VIP Authentication Service. Requires Microsoft® Windows® and a system with vPro or any Ultrabook. Intel and HP assume no liability for lost or stolen data and/or systems or any other damages resulting therefrom.
(10) The commercial HP ENVY Ultrabook offers only 14-inch diagonal form factor.
(11) Requires a compatible Intel Core processor, enabled chipset, Intel Rapid Storage technology software and a properly configured hybrid drive (non-SED HDD + optional mSATA SSD flash cache). Intel Smart Response Technology is only available on select 2012 HP systems. Depending on system configuration, results may vary.
(12) Internet access required. Use of the HP image required. Opt in required to receive updates from Microsoft Security Essentials.
(13) Requires an HP Tools partition; must not be deleted to use automatic recovery.
(14) Some functionality of this technology, such as Intel Active management technology and Intel Virtualization technology, requires additional third-party software in order to run. Availability of future "virtual appliances" applications for Intel vPro technology is dependent on third-party software providers. Microsoft Windows required.
(15) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Intel, Intel Core, and Ultrabook are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Adobe and Photoshop are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated. AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations, including execution of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended January 31, 2012 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2011. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1976543
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Personal computing, HP PCs, laptops, notebooks, Computers/Peripherals, Displays, Internet, Computer, Notebook/Laptop, OS (Operating System), WiFi/Wireless, USB, High Def (HD), Digital Media Software, Computers/Home Office, Movies & Music, Web, Graphics/Image Editing, Notebooks, Microsoft Windows, Speakers, Networks, AntiVirus/Trojans, Security, Hard Drives & Storage, Handheld, Graphics, Movies by Genre, Applications, Security, AntiVirus, Music, Images, EMail, USA, China, Marketwire, Inc., , Adobe Premiere, HP, Financial, Music, Internet Technology, Business, Entertainment, Internet, Email, china, Other,