|Page (1) of 1 - 11/07/11||email article||print page|
HP Expands Offerings to Help Telecoms Personalize and Manage Services for Better Customer Experience(November 07, 2011)
ORLANDO, FL -- (Marketwire) -- 11/07/11 -- HP (NYSE: HPQ) today announced additions to its portfolio of solutions and services for telecom companies, helping them to drive business growth with better management of service quality for customers.
HP is enhancing solutions in its operational support system (OSS) and actionable customer intelligence (ACI) portfolios, as well as adding new consulting capabilities to help communications service providers (CSPs) define business and marketing strategies that can be aligned with real operational execution.
Announced at TMF Management World Americas, the latest offerings in the HP OSS Transformation portfolio will improve the ability of CSPs to automate problem resolution and integrate a single view of the customer experience, helping to ensure the delivery of high-quality services.
The HP Actionable Customer Intelligence portfolio has been enhanced with the Vertica Analytics Platform from Vertica, an HP Company. Real-time, big data analytics from Vertica can help CSPs develop a complete, wrap-around view of the customer and the network, allowing them to understand customer behavior and deliver more personalized services.
"To drive business growth, CSPs must deliver more personalized services and manage service quality more effectively," said Bob Stutz, senior vice president, Business Solutions, HP. "With HP's extensive portfolios, CSPs can create a customer-centric OSS as well as build ACI solutions that transform customer information into valuable business strategies."
HP Enterprise Services uses one of the enhanced OSS solutions, HP Universal Service Level Agreement (SLA) Manager, to assure its outsourcing clients that agreed-upon SLAs are being met. Service Level Management is an essential part of HP's outsourcing offerings, and HP Universal SLA Manager provides key supporting functionality that monitors service levels proactively and reports SLA compliance to clients.
HP solutions improve customer experience
Updates to the HP OSS Transformation portfolio include:
- HP Universal SLA Manager 2.0 helps CSPs meet their SLA commitments by automating the complete life cycle management of a very large number of SLAs -- 1 million or more. New capabilities include support for the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework, which enables CSPs to define standard SLA templates for the technical and business metrics of any communication service.
- HP Service Quality Management 3.0 helps CSPs visualize service health and detect service quality problems in real time -- before they affect customers. The latest version includes greater scalability, better performance and improved transparency using IT and telecom business data models.
- HP Unified Correlation Analyzer (HP UCA) improves customer satisfaction by quickly linking a network resource problem with its likely impact on services and customer experience. Version 1.2 extends the scope of prepackaged capabilities, targeting complex cross-domain correlation use cases, and offering CSPs reduced deployment time and faster time to value.
The new solution from the HP ACI portfolio is:
- HP Mobile Portal Personalization helps CSPs enrich their mobile portals with a more contextual, personalized experience for customers. The solution features a set of products and service capabilities that provide customers with relevant services, content recommendations and personalized promotions, including:
- HP Virtual Identity Profile Broker, which builds a single view of the subscriber in order to offer him or her personalized services.
- The Vertica Analytics Platform to inject real-time insights regarding subscribers' interests and usage patterns.
New offerings for HP business consulting practice
The HP Solutions Consulting Services (HP SCS) practice now includes the HP Industry Advisory Program to help HP consultants share their deep telecom expertise with CSPs. Using a new, internal knowledge repository, HP consultants can more easily replicate success for a CSP by leveraging their own best practices from previous engagements. Using HP expertise in OSS and ACI solutions, such as charging, policy and subscriber data management, CSPs can translate strategic goals into action plans to improve customer experience.
Additions to the HP SCS Strategic and Financial Advisory portfolio include:
- HP Business and Marketing Strategy helps HP clients identify and exploit business and market opportunities through detailed analysis of compelling business models and actionable go-to-market strategies.
- HP Business Operations Strategy enables HP clients to translate enterprise objectives into an operational business model ready for execution. The model can define business structure, organizational profit and cost centers, partnering strategies, and sourcing strategies for technology, services, processes and human resources.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure at the convergence of the cloud and connectivity, creating seamless, secure, context-aware experiences for a connected world. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations, including execution of growth strategies, transformation initiatives and restructuring plans; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of growth strategies, transformation initiatives and restructuring plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2011 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2010. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2011 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: HP, HP OSS Transformation portfolio, HP Actionable Customer Intelligence portfolio , Austria, Marketwire, , HP, Financial, Business, Other,