|Page (1) of 1 - 06/20/12||email article||print page|
HP Empowers Small and Medium-Size Businesses to Thrive in a Mobile WorldNew Solutions, Services and Programs Simplify, Secure and Optimize IT to Support a Growing Mobile Workforce (June 20, 2012)
PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 06/20/12 -- HP (NYSE: HPQ) today announced new offerings to help small and medium-size businesses (SMBs) prepare their technology infrastructures for a growing mobile workforce.
With more than 1.1 billion mobile appliances in use worldwide,(1) organizations of all sizes are challenged by the need to access, manage and secure mobile devices and the data generated by them. HP Converged Infrastructure provides the ideal platform for secure continuous access to data and applications. With partner solutions from Citrix, Microsoft and VMware, HP also delivers improved employee accessibility and productivity as the requirements for mobility continue to grow.
New offerings from HP include technology solutions and services, as well as financing and training programs that enable resource-challenged SMBs to simplify IT while enhancing collaboration in an increasingly mobile world.
Predefined solutions secure, simplify mobile access
According to Gartner research, by 2016, at least 50 percent of business email users will rely primarily on a tablet or mobile client instead of a traditional desktop.(2) The trend to use devices to access email and other business data requires SMBs to prepare their infrastructures to support increased mobility.
New HP solutions and services enable organizations to:
- Improve security with HP Client Virtualization SMB virtual desktop solution. The solution includes reference architectures -- such as HP ProLiant Generation 8 (Gen8) servers and client virtualization software from Citrix, Microsoft or VMware -- that protects company data by storing user profiles and data on a centralized server. This enables SMBs to provide secure access to applications from thin clients, laptops, tablets and smartphones. Information remains protected on the server even if the device is lost.
- Reduce risk and complexity of client virtualization projects with HP Client Virtualization, Analysis and Modeling, a prepackaged service that analyzes the existing IT environment to simplify and speed deployment of virtualization for medium-size organizations and help them embrace mobile technology.
- Simplify adoption of mobile technology with HP Transformation Experience Workshop for Mobility, a service that aligns business and IT stakeholders to ensure employees have access to data while upholding security requirements.
- Increase uptime for a growing mobile workforce with HP Business Protection Solutions, preconfigured reference architectures based on HP Converged Infrastructure and best practices in data protection, network security and disaster recovery. These customized solutions guide SMBs in the design of a risk-mitigation program to ensure continued accessibility to company data from a mobile device.
Collaboration tools improve productivity for mobile workforce
To support the acceleration of mobile devices, HP and its partners are helping SMBs improve employee productivity and drive business efficiency.
- Improves collaboration with HP Unified Communications & Collaboration (UC&C) Solutions with Microsoft Lync, an integrated hardware and software solution that enables SMBs to securely video conference, share information on desktops and collaborate to improve productivity. The comprehensive UC&C solution includes Microsoft Lync software, HP Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phones, HP networking and HP ProLiant Gen8 servers, storage and services.
Simplified infrastructure for SMBs embracing mobility
Small and medium-size organizations need simple, reliable and economical computing to support growing data and new applications across wired and wireless environments. New solutions based on HP Converged Infrastructure help companies to:
- Simplify network management with the expanded HP Multi-Service Router (MSR) Series, an all-in-one, customizable platform that allows clients to streamline deployment of networks by integrating security and wired and wireless networking features into one device.
- Reduce power costs with the HP 1910 8G Switch Series, which features energy-saving Power over Internet (PoE) technology to deliver simple, reliable and cost-effective network access for rich-media applications, such as voice and video.
- Address the explosion of unstructured data from a growing mobile workforce with increased capacity and simplified management featured with HP X5000 Storage. This highly available clustered network attached storage (NAS) platform reduces IT administration time for SMBs by ensuring users have access to file data from their mobile devices.
Increased support for SMBs and channel partners
HP provides SMBs and channel partners with a broad range of programs to drive growth, create new revenue streams and ensure collaboration. Enhanced programs provide:
- Favorable financing options with the HP Even Better Than Zero program, which allows companies to lease HP equipment at a less-than-zero implicit lease rate while offering a fair-market-value purchase option, available through HP Financial Services.
- Improved business skills for small-business owners through HP Learning Initiative for Entrepreneurs (HP LIFE) e-Learning. The new cloud-based platform, hosted on HP Converged Cloud infrastructure, offers free information and courses to help SMBs establish or grow their businesses. HP LIFE has helped establish or expand more than 19,700 businesses and helped create 43,000 jobs worldwide since 2007.(3)
The HP Client Virtualization SMB Reference Architecture for Microsoft VDI is scheduled to be available in September. All other solutions and services are available now through HP and worldwide channel partners.
Additional information about HP's new SMB offerings is available at http://www.hp.com/go/whatsnewforsmb.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) IDC, DC Directions 2012, "Mobility Devices: The Truth about Tablets, Touch, Notebooks, PCs and Phones," by Bob O'Donnell, May 2012.
(2) Gartner Inc., "Gartner Reveals Top Predictions for IT Organizations and Users for 2012 and Beyond," December 2011.
(3) HP internal sources.
Microsoft is a U.S. registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; assumptions related to pension and other post-retirement costs and retirement programs; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2012 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2011. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: HP, HP Converged Infrastructure, HP Client Virtualization SMB, HP ProLiant Gen8 servers, Internet, Digital Media Software, Communications, Web, Smart Phone, Applications, Security, Training, Research, Video, EMail, Office Equipment, Applications, Phones, Storage, Security, Networking, Internet, Business Issues, Hardware, Services, Software, Misc, Networks, Security, Administration, Administration, Server Hardware, Software/Systems Mgmt, Server Computers, Architecture, Security, Administration, Internet Server Applications, E-mail, Web Servers, Management, USA, Marketwire, Inc., IT (Information Technology), Networking, Security, HP, Financial, Appliances, Internet Technology, Business, Internet, Email, disaster, Other,