|Page (1) of 1 - 12/14/11||email article||print page|
HP Delivers Scalability, Availability, Expertise for SAP HANANew Solution, Services Enable SAP Application Users to Rapidly Access, Store and Analyze Data (December 14, 2011)
PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/14/11 -- HP (NYSE: HPQ) today announced a new scale-out converged application solution and associated services for the SAP HANA platform.
The offerings speed and simplify application transactions and analysis, while enabling organizations to use their data faster for informed decision making.
The newest addition to the portfolio of HP AppSystem for SAP HANA is a highly scalable solution. It is built on an HP Converged Infrastructure that includes industry-leading HP ProLiant BladeSystem servers and the HP X9300 IBRIX Network Storage System with HP P6500 Enterprise Virtual Array (EVA). It delivers high availability and storage capacity for mission-critical workloads running on SAP® application software, enabling clients to run business-critical applications.
The solution can be easily integrated with an existing implementation of SAP Business Suite software or the SAP NetWeaver® Business Warehouse (BW) component to accelerate time to decision. Other client benefits include:
- Investment protection by rapidly scaling to handle at least 640 cores and 8 terabytes (TB) of memory.
- Scalable performance and storage capacity of up to 16 petabytes with the HP X9300 IBRIX Network Storage System. It also provides scalable snapshots, 24/7 background data integrity validation and write-once, read-many (WORM) storage to meet data protection and tiered storage requirements for SAP HANA.
- High performance and availability with HP P6500 EVA, a fifth-generation enterprise storage system that is 20 to 30 percent easier to manage than competitive offerings(1) and includes built-in thin provisioning with dynamic storage tiering.
- Increased resiliency, scalability and efficiency of HP ProLiant BL680 G7 blade servers offer support for up to eight times the capacity of a single-node solution.(2) The blade servers feature industry-leading density; maximized input-output, memory and CPU capacity while utilizing DRAM Double Device Data Correction (DDDC); and HP Memory Quarantine to minimize the impact of unplanned downtime.
Speeding the path to SAP HANA
To assist clients in transitioning from SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse (BW) Accelerator software environments to SAP HANA, HP is offering the following services:
- HP Advanced Information Services for SAP HANA provide detailed business and financial benefit analysis to support rapid decision making. Fast Start Services get clients up and running quickly; Design Services help clients build a comprehensive, in-memory analytical solution; and Implementation Services facilitate deployment.
- HP Technology Services offer deep expertise in SAP applications, including SAP NetWeaver BW Accelerator and SAP HANA, providing clients with a single point of contact for upgrading or migrating to SAP HANA.
- Asset Recovery Services and Migration Assistance Services from HP Financial Services -- the company's leasing and life cycle asset management subsidiary -- to safely, easily and cost-effectively retire old, unneeded IT equipment.
"Clients need faster insight from their vast amounts of information," said Paul Miller, vice president, Converged Systems, HP. "The HP AppSystem for SAP HANA, together with HP consulting experts, delivers simplicity, performance and faster time-to-value in a turnkey solution."
HP Advanced Information Services for SAP HANA and HP Technology Services are available now worldwide. Availability of the new scale-out converged application solution is expected worldwide early next year.
Changing the way clients access and use data
For more than 20 years, HP and SAP have collaborated on solutions that enable clients to use technology to capitalize on their customers' changing needs. HP has completed more than 77,000 installations worldwide of SAP applications, and HP Converged Infrastructure runs nearly half of all SAP installations in the world. HP is a global leader in providing services for SAP environments, supporting 1.7 million users in more than 50 countries.
HP enables organizations to become Instant-On Enterprises by helping them rethink how information is gathered, stored and used -- harnessing its power and ensuring its integrity and protection, while also delivering it in the context of the enterprise.
More information is available at www.hp.com/go/sap/hana.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) "Comparing Management Costs for Midrange Storage Arrays from EMC, HP, and NetApp," Edison Group, May 2011.
(2) Comparing HP's DL980 single node 1 TB memory solution to the new BL680 scale-out solution supporting up to 8 TB of memory.
SAP, SAP HANA, SAP NetWeaver and all SAP logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations, including execution of growth strategies, transformation initiatives and restructuring plans; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of growth strategies, transformation initiatives and restructuring plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2011 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2010. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2011 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: HP AppSystem for SAP HANA, HP Converged Infrastructure, HP ProLiant BladeSystem servers, HP X9300, Office Equipment, Applications, asset management, Storage, Business Issues, Services, Software, Misc, Pro Asset Management, Management, Germany, Marketwire, , HP, Financial, Asset Management, Application Software, Business, Other,