|Page (1) of 1 - 02/21/12||email article||print page|
HP Announces Healthcare Alliance ProgramHospitals and Healthcare Organizations to Benefit From HP and Software Partner Technology Offerings (February 21, 2012)
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwire) -- 02/21/12 -- HP (NYSE: HPQ) today announced a new healthcare affiliate program that combines offerings from independent software vendors with hardware from HP so hospitals and healthcare organizations can better deliver cost-effective, efficient and high-quality care.
Members of the HP Healthcare Alliance program include renowned healthcare providers, such as Quest Diagnostics and its Care360® EHR, Greenway Medical Technologies and Central Logic. HP and several software partners will exhibit their joint offerings at the annual Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) conference and exhibition in HP booth 3845 today through Feb. 23.
"Through our close collaboration with technology leaders in the Healthcare Alliance program, HP is providing an easy path for vendors to bring their most innovative healthcare solutions to market with the reliability of HP hardware," said Chris Mertens, vice president, Americas Healthcare Practice, Personal Systems Group, HP.
HP will offer customers a wide range of hardware and specialized equipment -- such as medical carts, digital signage and clinical reference technology -- combined with software from HP Healthcare Alliance program partners. Collaborative solutions on display at HIMSS include:
- MedWeb will showcase its picture archiving and communication systems (PACS) viewer on the new HP Slate 2 and its virtual PACS solutions on HP Mobile Workstations. In addition, MedWeb will use HP hardware with its web-based telemedicine solutions to provide integrated medical imaging and consultations for teledermatology, teleophthalmology, teleradiology, telestroke, teledentistry and telewound care.
- ACR 2 Solutions provides state-of-the-art automated enterprise risk-management software to help the healthcare industry meet information security compliance requirements. HP partners and customers who are developing electronic health record (EHR) solutions also will have access to ACR 2's meaningful-use compliant risk-management software through HP.
- Status Solutions uses HP workstations to power its SARA (Situational Awareness and Response Assistant) solution, which allows caregivers to remotely monitor their patients' vital information and alerts status. SARA enables nurses using the HP TouchSmart 9300 All-in-One business PC at care station endpoints, or physicians on the move with an HP Slate 2, to stay connected with their patients' well being.
- Brainlab develops software-driven medical technology that supports targeted, less-invasive treatment. The company takes full advantage of HP touch technology as a part of its core offering, including the HP TouchSmart 9300 and 42-inch HP Digital Signage displays powered by HP Z210 Workstations.
- DigitalPersona offers healthcare IT managers a centrally managed suite of authentication and access management solutions that protect data, PCs, applications and networks. With its remote administration for HP ProtectTools, DigitalPersona's software allows IT managers to enforce and monitor security for an entire fleet of laptops and desktops from any location.
- The Astound Technologies Virtual Specialist is powered by HP Z400 and Z600 Workstations that streamline and standardize video communications and collaboration among primary care physicians, specialists and their patients. Virtual Specialist also uses the HP TouchSmart 9300 All-in-One business PC at care station endpoints, extending the use of visual communications to affiliated care facilities with minimal investments and hassle.
More information about HP healthcare solutions is available at www.hp.com/go/healthcarealliance.
"Our relationship with HP has been a key factor in promoting our solution," said Dr. Darin M. Vercillo, chief executive officer, Central Logic. "The goal is to improve patient care while maximizing hospital efficiency. Optimizing patient flow helps accomplish these critical objectives and our collaboration with HP as part of the Healthcare Alliance program is creating new opportunities for hospitals nationwide."
"Through our longtime collaboration with HP, Greenway has been helping healthcare organizations automate and streamline delivery processes, increase efficiency and improve quality of care with EHR solutions," said Greg Schulenburg, chief operating officer, Greenway Medical Technologies. "As a charter member of the Healthcare Alliance program, we are excited to continue working with HP to provide healthcare organizations with functionality and service excellence."
"The Healthcare Alliance program is testament to the relationship we've delivered with HP in the past several years," said Richard Mahoney, president, MedPlus, and vice president, Healthcare Information Solutions, Quest Diagnostics. "Combining our easy-to-adopt Care360 EHR solution from Quest Diagnostics with one-stop shopping for HP's hardware and services has given physicians an easy path to EHR adoption that allows them to take full advantage of its benefits to achieve better patient care, capitalize on meaningful use incentives, and improve efficiency for their practice."
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations, including execution of restructuring and integration plans; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of restructuring and integration plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2011 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: HP business computers, HP Healthcare Alliance program, HP Slate 2, HP Mobile Workstations, Office Equipment, Applications, Computers, Security, Computer Technology, Business Issues, Hardware, Authentication, Administration, Access Management, Authentication, Mobile Devices, Notebook/Laptops, Management, IT Managers, Marketwire, , HP, healthcare, medical technologists, Technology, Surgery, Financial, Healthcare, Hospitals, Medical Technology, Medical, Business, Other,