|Page (1) of 1 - 05/21/04||email article||print page|
HP Announces HP f2304 High Definition LCD Monitor23-inch PC entertainment display debuts at Home Entertainment Expo. (May 21, 2004)
Leading the way in digital lifestyle display devices, HP today introduced a bold new PC entertainment display - the HP f2304 23-inch(1) High Definition LCD Monitor. Capable of displaying 16.7 million sharp colors, the monitor is a perfect addition to any digital entertainment lifestyle.
Offering incredible visual quality and performance in a slender, versatile display, the HP f2304 23-inch High Definition LCD Monitor is ideal for consumers using their PC while juggling multiple applications, editing photos and video, playing games, surfing the Internet and watching DVD movies and television.
The monitor's large 23-inch screen boasts a blazing16 millisecond response rate,(2) making PC play more enjoyable and delivering motion images free from ghosting for action-packed gaming and for watching exciting digital videos and movies.
The HP f2304 23-inch High Definition LCD Monitor allows users to enjoy razor-sharp images. Its 1,920 x 1,200 native resolution is 175 percent greater than a typical 19-inch LCD monitor or 23-inch high-definition TV.(3) With 250 nits of brightness, 500:1 contrast ratio and 176 degrees wide viewing angle, the monitor yields a brilliantly rich display. The monitor also includes a range of video inputs, such as DVI, VGA, component video and S-video.(4)
Sleek in design, the HP f2304 23-inch High Definition LCD Monitor provides users with powerful features in a simple, stylish form. Even when not in use, the sleek monitor with platinum-blue bezel looks great and complements the HP Media Center PC. With a wall-mountable (VESA compliant) design,(5) it can hang like a picture on a wall, allowing users to reclaim more desktop space.
The HP f2304 23-inch High Definition LCD Monitor enables users to:
· Enjoy un-compromised visual performance for PC applications - including digital photography, video editing and PC gaming
· High-definition compatibility, which is ready to support HDTV signals to receive first-class experience when watching movies, videos and television(6)
· Keep your desktop clutter-free with a built-in power supply, integrated speakers, cable management system and a very small footprint
· Watch a DVD from a standalone DVD player or TV via an external tuner, while surfing the Web using a PC with Picture-in-Picture(7)
· 1,920 x 1,200 native resolution
· Supports high-definition formats: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p
· Computer video inputs for VGA and DVI-I, and illuminated TV inputs for component video and S-Video
· 16 milliseconds response time
· 500:1 contrast ration and 250 nits brightness
· 176 degrees horizontal and vertical viewing angles
· Audio inputs for both PC and external A/V components
· Integrated speakers and integrated headphone jack for private sound enjoyment
· Dimensions (unpacked) with stand: 16.9" x 25.3" x 7.8" (42.8 cm x 64.2 cm x 19.7 cm); without stand: 14.8" x 25.3" x 4.3" (37.5 cm x 64.2 cm x 10.0 cm)
· Weight (unpacked) 21.1 pounds (10 kilograms)
· VESA mounting 100 millimeter hole pattern
Price and availability
The HP f2304 23-inch High Definition LCD Monitor is expected to be available beginning May 30 for $2199 (with an available $100 mail-in rebate)(8) and can be purchased direct from www.hpshopping.com, by calling +1 888 999 4747 or by visiting a local retailer.
The HP f2304 23-inch High Definition LCD Monitor comes with a one-year limited hardware warranty and technical support coverage available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week online or toll-free phone. Service delivery options include customer replacement parts, with the option to return to HP for repair or to an authorized service provider.
(1) 23-inch refers to the viewable area.
(2) Signal response refers to the time between commands received by the system from keyboard or mouse to the monitor after computation by CPU.
(3) Highest resolution requires video card that will support 1,920 x 1,200. Monitor also supports many lower resolutions. Resolution comparison calculated as follows: HP F2304 23" - 1,920 x 1,200 = 2,304,000 pixels; Typical 19" LCD Monitor 1,280 x 1,024 = 1,310,720 pixels; Typical 50" LCD HDTV - 1,366 x 768 = 1,049,088 pixels; Typical 23" LCD HDTV - 1,280 x 768 = 983,040 pixels.
(4) Composite video is supported through an included composite to S-video adapter. S-video and composite video not simultaneously supported.
(5) Wall mount sold separately.
(6) HDTV tuner or DVD player required separately.
(7) Two input sources required to use Picture-in-Picture.
(8) Actual prices may vary.
3000 Hanover Street
Palo Alto, CA 94304
For more information visit www.hp.com.
Related Keywords:HP f2304, HP, Home Entertainment Expo, LCD Monitor,