|Page (1) of 1 - 08/09/11||email article||print page|
HELIOS UB2 to redefine Web-based collaboration for remote document reviews and proofing(August 09, 2011)
Hannover, Germany (PRWEB) August 09, 2011
HELIOS Software GmbH, a leading developer of multi-purpose file, print, image, and PDF server software, announced today that its HELIOS UB2 server software will introduce a new level of collaboration to Web-based remote document reviewing, proofing and approvals. New hierarchical annotations with approval status indicators and automatic e-mail notifications make Web-based collaborative reviews and approvals easy, affordable, and simple to deploy.
The new HELIOS UB2 review and annotation features are Web browser based, without the need to install any software on the remote client. This makes it perfect for remote content reviews and annotations, even on an iPad!
Using a Web browser makes it easy for remote users to review documents, and generate accurate color-matched soft and hard proofs. This is essential for time-sensitive remote collaboration, explained Helmut Tschemernjak, CEO of HELIOS Software GmbH. HELIOS UB2 makes precise remote proofing affordable from initial design reviews through final production approval.
Primary benefits Include:
- Saves time on deadline. Improves communication and documentation.
- Totally Web-based no Flash, plug-ins, Java, or add-ons needed. No expensive, separate standalone applications for each desktop required.
Color proofing enhancements:
- The enhanced remote soft and hard proofing of HELIOS UB2 utilizes a calibrated monitor or inkjet printer at the user site to make high-quality remote proofing affordable even for designers, ad agencies, and small print service providers.
- Remote monitor proofs and printed proofs now support individual per-user monitor, simulation, and proof printer ICC profiles.
- A color info dialogue allows measuring individual RGB and CMYK color values in images and PDFs.
- Hierarchical annotation feature allows adding comments and approval status indicators to multipage PDF and Office documents, image files, and optionally XPress and InDesign XPV files.
- Select a point or area in an image or document, to add related annotations.
- Annotations are presented along with replies in a threaded conversation window, showing the author, time stamp, document version and viewing condition for each annotation.
- Each new version of a reviewed document inherits the annotations of prior versions.
- Print documents along with their annotations from the Web browser to local printers.
The HELIOS UB2 proofing and annotation capabilities are based on HELIOS WebShare UB2 with the HELIOS PrintPreview UB2 add-on. Additional information about new features of the upcoming HELIOS UB2 software suite can be found on the HELIOS Software website at http://www.helios.de.
Smart Ideas for Better Networking
HELIOS Software Unbreakable Server Solutions deliver mission critical server solutions to enterprise, government, university, and prepress sites. WebShare, EtherShare, and PCShare provide integrated cross-platform networking for Mac, Windows and Web clients, with advanced file and print server services, and easy remote server administration. HELIOS ImageServer, PDF HandShake and PrintPreview bring high efficiency and advanced capabilities to design, prepress and printing operations.
HELIOS products run on powerful and scalable servers including Apple Mac OS X, IBM AIX, Linux, Oracle Solaris, and Windows systems. HELIOS products provide reliable cross-platform support for Mac, Windows, Web and UNIX-based clients.
Distributors sell HELIOS products worldwide to value-added resellers who provide complete networking solutions to customers. HELIOS also works with many strategic partners that incorporate HELIOS server software to provide powerful third-party archive, asset management and workflow solutions.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/document/proofing/prweb8704427.htm.
Related Keywords:computer crime, software, economy, business and finance, financial and business service, financial markets, commodity markets, business enterprises, business (general), computer crime, missile systems, political systems, fishing industry, cinema industry, radio industry, television industry, music industry, process industry, design and engineering, computing and information technology, satellite technology, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), identification technology, agricultural research and technology, computing and information technology, satellite technology, software,