|Page (1) of 1 - 10/01/01||email article||print page|
HALion - The VST Sampler!The creators of VST now bring you the VST sampler. (October 01, 2001)
* Imports AKAI, EMU, Giga, SoundFont, LM4, AIFF, Wav, SD II
* 16 part multi-timbral / 12 outputs / 256 voices of polyphony
* Complete VST and Nuendo integration
* Over 1,600 megabytes of high resolution samples
* Mega-Trigg real time performance tool
* Sample accurate timing
* Integrated Waveloop editor
* 32 bit file support
HALion is not just another sampler plug-in, it is one of the best samplers ever made. The seamless integration into Cubase VST and Nuendo makes this a must for every Steinberg or VST host customer.
With 16 part multi-timbral operation and up to 256 voices of polyphony streaming directly from your hard drive HALion is a dream come true. HALion is super easy to use and makes sampling a joy instead of a frustrating chore. HALion integrates as a VST instrument with 12 outputs routed to the VST mixer for easy access to automation, EQ, and effects. The intuitive key-zone editor editor allows for easy editing of key zones and velocity layers while each sample can be tweaked using the envelopes and filters using our unique Fatness control. Setting loop points has never been as simple with the waveloop editor and the Mega-Trigg performance feature allows samples to be switched by MIDI note or controllers.
Listen to these sound samples of HALion:
HALion a brief tour:
This is the main window for HALion where we adjust envelopes, LFOs and tuning parameters quickly. Trigger samples directly from the MIDI keyboard and access edit windows with the buttons on the bottom.
Channel Program Page
The channel program page is where each sound can be loaded. HALion offers 16 part multi-timbral operation with 256 voices of polyphony. Samples can be routed to any of the 12 outputs, 4 stereo + 4 mono.
Key Zone Page
The key zone editor allows samples to be dragged and dropped and have velocity layers set up in a breeze. Use the navigation ball to get around fast.
Setting loop points in the waveloop editor has never been easier. Graphically set your sustain loop points to do crossfades effortlessly.
Envelope Filter page
Easily change the sounds with 2 envelopes each with 8 stages, LFO, resonant filters and the special fatness control.
The modulation page is where the LFOs can be set and adjusted. The Mega Trigg function allows samples to be changed by MIDI notes or MIDI controls allowing expressive performance control.
The options page is where audio files, LM-4 kits, and sample CDs can be loaded. The pre-load into RAM allows the samples to be adjusted if fired from RAM or coming off of the drive to optimize system performance.
10 Reasons to buy HALion
1. Price: 1/10th the cost of a comparable hardware sampler, if you can find one
2. Performance: sample accurate MIDI timing, 100 times faster than hardware units
3. Ease of Use: no more tiny LCD screens to look at
4. Total Recall: load your song and all samples are automatically loaded
5. 8 Samplers in 1: load up to 8 HALions in Cubase or Nuendo
6. Sound Quality: 32 bit audio support
7. Integration: Total integration with VST mixer, effects, EQs and automation
8. Sounds: 1,600 megabytes of high-resolution sounds
9. Compatibility: Imports AKAI, EMU, GIGA, REX, AIF, WAV, SoundFont, SDII
10. Programmability: 8 stage envelopes, modulation, LFO, fatness, looping, etc
HALion is the most comprehensive sampler either in software or hardware available today. The features, performance and integration make this a must have VST instrument. Please go to your Steinberg dealer to pick up your copy today.
Purchase HALion before November 30th at your Steinberg dealer and receive a free Q Up Arts sampling CD. Simply purchase the HALion and send us your Registration Card along with a copy of your proof of purchase and that's it! The sampling CD is a collection of Q UP Arts award winning libraries. This special CD has a $99 value. For more information on Q UP Arts please go to www.quparts.com.
For more information, goto www.steinberg.net
or call at 818-678-5100
Related Keywords:HALion, VST Sampler, Steinberg, Nuendo, AKAI, EMU, Giga, SoundFont, LM4, AIFF, Wav, SD II
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved