|Page (1) of 1 - 05/02/08||email article||print page|
Grooveboxmusic.com releases new Logic EXS24 Power PAK!Learn all there is to know about Apple Logic's EXS24 Virtual Sampler. (May 02, 2008)
Grooveboxmusic.com, makers of the leading Brainwerks pro audio video tutorials is pleased to announce a new line of video training products called Power PAKs (Precise Accelerated Knowledge). This exciting collection of training tutorials is tightly focused on a DAW s specific feature set such as a plug-in or virtual instrument, specific task or assorted powerful tip and tricks. Power PAKs are in-depth, fun to watch and value priced. The newest Power PAK being offered is The EXS24 In Action . Presented by Apple Logic guru Eli Krantzberg, this series will turn you into an "Extreme" power user of Logic's awesome ESX24 Sampler. There's nothing you can't do with the EXS24 after watching this collection.
What s in the Power PAK:
20 Tutorials / Total Runtime 03:30:37
01. EXS Overview (09:17) - Get an overview of the main windows, where samples & sampler instruments are stored, and how the EXS 24 works.
02. Browsing & Managing (09:12) - Learn the different ways of browsing, searching, organizing, and backing up sampler instruments, and sampler instrument settings.
03. Voice and Pitch Parameters (07:14) - Discover how to use Unison mode to thicken up a sound and create a fat chorused effect.
04. Glide & Pitcher Parameters (10:00) - Learn how to create subtle pitch envelopes with the glide and pitcher parameters to beef up both drum and bass parts.
05 The Filter section (09:11) - See how the different filter parameters work and how they can be used to create movement on static legato pad sounds as well as shape drum parts.
06. Volume and ADSR (10:06) - Explore the different areas on the front panel used to modulate velocity and volume, both statically and over time via the Env 2 ADSR parameters.
07. The LFO Section (07:52) - Learn about the different controls for shaping various waveform patterns over time that can be used as modulation sources in the Modulation Matrix.
08. Modulation Routing - Part 1 (13:53) - Discover how to set up fun and interesting musical modulation pathways using the EXS24's modulation matrix.
09. Modulation Routing - Part 2 (05:33) - More wild and whacky modulation routings - learn to stretch your imagination!
10. Chorusing / Detuning Techniques (10:24) - Learn how to use the EXS24 transpose, tuning, and fine-tuning parameters to create interesting timber shifting and chorusing effects.
11. Creating An Instrument (11:31) - See how to create a simple single zone EXS24 instrument from scratch.
12. Using Velocity Layers (10:50) - Discover how to add more zones to the simple single zone instrument, assign them to a group, and set up a velocity layer.
13. Creating Multi-Zone Instruments (09:53) - Explore the different ways of loading in, creating, and working with multiple zoned instruments.
14. Using Rex Files (09:26) - Learn the different ways of loading and using Rex files directly from within the EXS24.
15. Creative Rex File Techniques (13:39) - Explore different ways of varying and randomizing the triggering of REX file zones for more expressive results.
16. Using Multiple Outputs (12:51) - See how to assign zones and groups to separate virtual outputs by means of the routing parameter, so that they can be sent to separate mixer strips for unique processing.
17. Sample Loop and Glitch (15:22) - Discover how to use the looping function in the Instrument Editor to create smooth transitions, as well as rapid "glitch" like loop effects.
18. Drum Tips & Tricks Part 1 (08:33) - Get a potpourri of various drum programming tips and tricks using the EXS24 front panel features as well as Instrument Editor offsets and groups.
19. Drum Tips & Tricks Part 2 (08:52) - Learn how to duplicate zones for easier MIDI input, set up monophonic groups for hi hats, and listen to the effect of velocity to attack offsets on various drum parts.
20. Crossfading and Key Switching (16:58) - See how to set up key switching and cross-fading between zones as well as groups, and to use your mod-wheel for additional control.
With over 3.5 hours of content, you re sure to find the answers to your EXS24 questions and learn about cool features and functions as well as get exciting tips and tricks. You can view all the video tutorials in the EXS24 In Action Power PAK online for 30 days for only $14.99 or download and own the full Power PAK for only $29.99. The boxed disc version will ship in 2-3 weeks for $29.99 plus shipping, but you can order it today and get the instant digital download included for free so you can start learning right away.
For more information, free full-length videos from the series and to order, visit www.grooveboxmusic.com today.
Related Keywords:Ableton, Ableton Live, FL Studio, Fruity Loops, Apple, Apple Logic, Logic 8, Logic Studio, Logic Pro, Logic Express, Logic Studio, Logic 8, Pro Tools, Cubase SX, Reason, Reason 4, Thor, Garageband, Training, CD, DVD, ProTools, Live, Videos, Tutorials
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved