|Page (1) of 1 - 03/20/12||email article||print page|
Globally Respected and Critically Acclaimed Electronic Dance Artists Create Unparalleled Roster of Residencies at Encore Beach Club, Surrender, Tryst and XS NightclubsMore Than 30 Artists Forge Exclusive Partnerships With Wynn Las Vegas for 2012 (March 20, 2012)
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwire) -- 03/20/12 -- Wynn Las Vegas daylife and nightlife venues will feature more than 30 electronic dance artist residencies at Encore Beach Club, Surrender, Tryst and XS nightclubs throughout 2012. Top artists from around the world, including Afrojack, Calvin Harris, David Guetta, deadmau5, Diplo, Sebastian Ingrosso, Skrillex, Steve Angello, Tiësto and many more will join the award-winning venues this year. The complete line-up of exclusive partnerships includes:
- Afrojack - The Grammy Award-winning producer was recently named "The World's Next Top DJ" by Mixmag and will return for his residency including dates at Encore Beach Club, Surrender, Tryst and XS throughout the year.
- Alesso - At just 20 years old, Alesso has been a breakout star in dance music on Sebastian Ingrosso's Refune label. His collaborations like "Calling" with Sebastian Ingrosso and remix hits such as Starkillers/Nadia Ali's "Pressure" & Swedish House Mafia's "Save The World" have led to several 2012 IDMA nominations including Best Breakthrough DJ & Best Progressive Track. His fervent talent will be a great addition to the music lineup at Encore Beach Club, Surrender and XS.
- AN21 - DJ Mag named this rising star one of the "top five DJs to watch" while the International Dance Music Awards (IDMA's) gave him a nod as a "Breakthrough DJ" nominee this year. See his sets at Encore Beach Club, Surrender and XS.
- Bingo Players - The duo of Paul Bäumer and Maarten Hoogstraten released their hit "Cry (Just a Little)" in 2011 in more than 20 countries, making a monumental rise to the Top 40 charts worldwide. They will have headlining dates at Encore Beach Club, Surrender, Tryst and XS.
- Bobby Burns - In 2010, Burns collaborated with Afrojack to create "Bungee," earning respect from legendary DJ Pete Tong who called the track an "essential new tune." His 2012 sets will be seen at XS.
- Calvin Harris - Harris' hit tracks like "Feel So Close" and chart-topping collaboration with Rihanna, "We Found Love," left a lasting mark on airwaves worldwide last year while simultaneously developing a zealous following from dance and pop music fans alike. The Scottish superstar returns for highly anticipated sets at Encore Beach Club, Surrender and XS throughout the year.
- Chris Lake - With hits like "Build Up," "Sundown" and the massive "Changes," plus collaborations with deadmau5, Michael Woods and Tommy Trash on his resume, Chris Lake has had a constant presence on the US Dance Charts throughout his career. He's been featured on numerous radio programs including the world famous Pete Tong BBC Radio 1 show and in 2012, Lake will be exclusively bringing his sets to Tryst and XS.
- Dada Life - The Swedish electro house pranksters have played some of the world's largest stages including Electric Daisy Carnival & Ultra Music Festival and their recent hit "Kick Out The Epic" has already become one of the anthems of 2012. The pair will bring their iconic and unpredictable live sets to Encore Beach Club, Surrender and XS.
- David Guetta - DJ Mag's #1 DJ in the world, David Guetta, is known as the world's biggest selling and pioneering electronic artist. He will bring his F*** Me, I'm Famous party to Encore Beach Club and headline additional dates at XS in 2012.
- deadmau5 - Selling more than 600,000 albums with 4x4=12 while earning countless awards and accolades along the way, deadmau5 has taken this genre to the next level. The electronic music phenomenon will play several dates at both XS and Encore Beach Club this year.
- Diplo - From fashion spreads in GQ to Blackberry endorsements, Diplo has put a face to dance music for the mainstream public. Best known for his collaborations with artists like M.I.A., Gwen Stefani, and more, he will bring his fresh sound to the XS and Surrender stages.
- DJ Spider - DJ Spider's music went mainstream when he won the 2006 BPM Magazine Next on the Decks contest, earning national recognition and the honor of learning directly from DJ AM and Mark Ronson. He returns to Tryst in 2012 with his Along Came a Spider party every Friday night.
- Funkagenda - A devoted passion for music alongside an embrace of technology has fortified Funkagenda as a vanguard of the "tough but melodic big room house sound," according to DJ Magazine. He is also the creative commander of Funk Farm, a prospect that looks set to cultivate him as an artist with a mass of production credentials and no doubt a further slew of awards. He will bring his fierce following of fans to his sets at XS and Surrender.
- Jermaine Dupri - The celebrated record producer, songwriter and rapper brings his career in the EDM scene to a monthly set at Tryst in 2012.
- John Dahlbäck - Dahlbäck is the founder of Pickadoll Records, celebrated for artists like Dada Life and Sebastien Leger as well as his individual work. His tracks are repeatedly club favorites, including "Don't Speak" which is featured on Tiësto's album In Search of Sunrise 6: Ibiza. His residency will include dates at XS and Surrender.
- Lil Jon - After getting his start in the music industry as a DJ in Atlanta nightclubs, the rapper and producer returns to his roots, spinning EDM tracks at all four Wynn Las Vegas venues.
- Manufactured Superstars - The electronic music duo, Bradley Roulier and Shawn Sabo, offer a strikingly unique sound. Best known for mashing-up popular electro, progressive, house, pop, rock and other genres of music together -- often playing upwards of 100 tracks in a single two-hour set -- the pair promise to make every night thrilling during their residency at XS, Tryst, Surrender and Encore Beach Club.
- Max Vangeli - Named one of the "Top 5 DJs to watch in 2011" following the DJ Mag Top 100 poll, Vangeli's massive remix of Pendulum's "The Island" with Steve Angello and AN21 was named "hottest track in the world" by BBC Radio One's Zane Lowe last year. He can be seen at Encore Beach Club, Surrender and XS this year.
- Morgan Page - Adding to a long history of Billboard Top 10 successes - "Longest Road," "Call My Name," "Fight For You" and "Strange Condition" -- Morgan Page reached #1 on Billboard's Hot Dance Airplay chart with title track "In The Air" (album out April 3 via Nettwerk Records). Following an incredibly successful In The Air tour including 25 sold out dates, Page joins the Wynn Las Vegas family with dates at all four venues in 2012.
- Nero - London's premier dubstep duo Dan Stephens and Joe Ray bring their unique brand of melodic dance mayhem to Las Vegas electronic music fans with roof-raising DJ sets at Surrender and XS. Their debut album Welcome Reality is out now and Nero will kick off their headlining "Second Reality" live tour with Alana Watson on vocals this year including eagerly anticipated performances at the Coachella Music & Arts Festival in April.
- NERVO - NERVO are sisters Mim and Liv Nervo, multi-talented Australian DJs, who are making serious noise in the dance music world. They are also hit songwriters, producers and artists in their own right, and have spent much of the last two years touring the world, opening for Britney Spears and Nicki Minaj on the Femme Fatale tour and climbing the ranks to become one of the hottest DJ duos on the circuit. They will bring their signature club sets to Encore Beach Club, Surrender, Tryst and XS this year.
- Norman Doray - Following sets across the globe, Doray's "Chase the Sun" track transformed into a summer anthem in 2011, spending eight weeks in Beatport's Top 10 charts. His residency will include dates at Encore Beach Club, Surrender and XS.
- Porter Robinson - At only 19 years old, Robinson has quickly risen through the ranks of the international electronic music scene with his debut EP "Spitfire," released on Skrillex's OWSLA label, reaching No. 1 on Beatport's overall chart and iTunes dance chart. His residency will include dates at Encore Beach Club, Surrender and XS.
- Quintino - Discovered at the age of 18 by Laidback Luke, Quintino's most recent collaboration with Afrojack, "Selecta," rose to the Top 10 on Beatport's Main Chart after debuting it live in front of 300,000 people during Queensday in Holland. His Wynn Las Vegas residency will include dates at XS and Surrender.
- R3HAB - This rising talent is nominated for Breakthrough and Breakthrough Artist of the Year at the International Dance Music Awards as well as Best Remixer after earning attention for his work with Madonna, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Pitbull, Katy Perry, and Usher to name a few. R3HAB's residency will include dates at XS, Tryst, Surrender, and Encore Beach Club.
- Robbie Rivera - With three #1 hits on the US Hot Dance Music/Club Play charts in his career, Robbie is known for his energetic and uplifting sound. He can be seen at Encore Beach Club, Surrender and XS throughout the year.
- Sebastian Ingrosso - Sebastian Ingrosso is a member of the GRAMMY-nominated group Swedish House Mafia, along with Steve Angello and Axwell. Last year they became the first electronic dance act to play and sell out Madison Square Garden. He also made waves across the world with his massive collaboration with Alesso, "Calling." His 2012 residency will include dates at XS and Encore Beach Club.
- Sidney Samson - Spinning in the biggest clubs and festivals across the world, Samson is widely known for his Gold record "Riverside." The producer and remix artist brings his talents to Surrender Nightclub. >
- Skrillex - Dubbed MTV's EDM Artist of 2011, Skrillex stacked up five Grammy Award nominations, including a major breakthrough for dance music as a whole with a nod in the Best New Artist category.
- Steve Angello - As one third of Swedish House Mafia and owner of the acclaimed Size Records label and Size Matters brand, Steve Angello is about to show Encore Beach Club and XS what the big time is all about... and why Size Matters. It's set up to be a massive 2012 for Steve Angello with the release of his own monster production "Yeah" and his collaborative track "Why Am I Doing This?" with SHM partner Sebastian Ingrosso and young EDM superstar Alesso.
- Steve Aoki - Aoki's career has included major hits such as collaborations with Afrojack for "No Beef," Tiësto for "Tornado," plus Laidback Luke and Lil Jon with "Turbulence." His champagne popping and stage diving style creates a one-of-a-kind EDM experience with dates at Encore Beach Club, Surrender and XS this year.
- Sultan & Ned Shepard - Following a string of successful remixes for artists such as Kaskade and Tiësto, this dynamic duo has reached the top of the Billboard Hot Dance Airplay charts with their massive club anthems "Call My Name" with Nadia Ali and "In The Air" with Morgan Page and BT, as well as remixing top pop stars Madonna, Lady Gaga and Robyn. The duo can be seen at Encore Beach Club, Surrender and XS throughout 2012.
- Thomas Gold - Germany's Thomas Gold was named breakthrough artist of 2011 by no less than Swedish House Mafia, Axwell, Sander van Doorn and Cosmic Gate in the DJ Mag Top 100. One of the most in demand remixers in EDM, he most recently turned his hand to Lady Gaga's "Judas" & Adele's "Set Fire to the Rain," with the latter clocking up 12 million plays on YouTube. His residency will include dates at Encore Beach Club, Surrender and XS.
- Tiësto - Voted "The Greatest DJ of All Time" by Mixmag, Tiësto has racked up countless achievements, from Grammy nominations and performing at the opening ceremony of the Olympics in 2004, to securing the record for the largest single DJ show in U.S. history at Home Depot Stadium in 2011. Amongst other things, 2012 will see Tiësto release his new mix album 'Club Life Volume Two Miami.' His headlining dates will be at Encore Beach Club, Surrender and XS in 2012.
"Residencies with this many artists, offering this caliber of talent, will create a remarkable experience for fans of the electronic dance music genre," said Jesse Waits, co-owner and managing partner of XS and Tryst nightclubs. "Our venues will feature an incomparable lineup in 2012. With the addition of special surprises throughout the year, there will be no better destination for music enthusiasts than Wynn Las Vegas."
"With an unprecedented line-up of superstar electronic music talent filling our calendar, we can't be more excited about 2012 at Encore Beach Club and Surrender Nightclub," said Sean Christie, co-owner and managing partner of Encore Beach Club and Surrender. "Encore Beach Club has been widely honored as the finest dayclub in the country, and this year we're elevating the experience with a series of must-see events including Tiësto, deadmau5 and Steve Angello. We're not missing a beat at Surrender, where performances from EDM luminaries and red-hot cutting-edge artists will confirm Wynn Las Vegas as the epicenter of dance music culture in America."
Encore Beach Club is open Friday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Surrender is open Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. Tryst is open Thursday through Saturday from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. XS is open Friday through Monday from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. Table reservations are highly recommended (Encore Beach Club and Surrender: 702-770-7300; Tryst: 702-770-3375; XS: 702-770-0097). For more information, visit http://www.wynnlasvegas.com/NightClubs.
XS and Tryst Nightclubs
Kirvin Doak Communications
Encore Beach Club and Surrender Nightclub
Lisa Long Adler
Wynn Las Vegas
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Wynn Las Vegas, USA, Holland, Marketwire, , Sports, Gold, Music, Lifestyle, Celebrities, Olympics, Family, Other,