|Page (1) of 1 - 05/16/12||email article||print page|
Glimpse: the Social Discovery Conference Announces AgendaPandora Founder Tim Westergren to Keynote (May 16, 2012)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 05/16/12 --
Core News Facts:
- Glimpse, the first conference on social discovery, today announced the initial agenda with 23 confirmed speakers who are leading CEOs, founders and senior executives in social discovery:
- Banjo, Damien Patton, CEO and founder
- BlogHer, Jory Des Jardins, co-founder and president of strategic alliances
- BlueRun Ventures, Jay Jamison, partner
- Color, Bill Nguyen, founder and CEO
- CouchSurfing, Tony Espinoza, CEO
- Facebook, Andy Mitchell, manager of strategic partnerships
- Felicis Ventures, Aydin Senkut, founder
- foursquare, Holger Luedorf, VP, head of business development
- Greylock Partners, Josh Elman, principal
- Highlight, Paul Davison, founder and CEO
- MeetMe, Geoff Cook, co-founder
- Pandora, Tim Westergren, founder
- Pulse, Akshay Kothari, founder
- Squrl, Mark Gray, co-founder and CEO
- StumbleUpon, Marc Leibowitz, VP of business development and marketing
- Tagged, Greg Tseng, co-founder and CEO
- theicebreak, Christina Brodbeck, co-founder and angel investor
- Ticketfly, Dan Teree, co-founder, president and COO
- Wavii, Adrian Aoun, founder and CEO
- Weotta, Grant Wernick, CEO
- Yelp, Vinco Sollitto, VP of corporate communication and government relations
- Zappos, Will Young, director - San Francisco
- Zite, Mark Johnson, CEO
- San Francisco Chronicle's Casey Newton joins as emcee for the day-long conference.
- Examining the future of how we live, decide and buy, Glimpse's agenda includes panels on:
- Investing in Discovery
- Consumer Discovery (Products and Services)
- People Discovery
- News Discovery
- Location Discovery
- Rising Stars of Discovery
- Lifestyle and Entertainment Discovery
- Future of Social Discovery
- Tickets are available at http://glimpseconf.eventbrite.com/
- Glimpse will bring together experts to uncover what social discovery is today, where it is headed and why it matters. The goal: to fuel innovation in the space and assist the community in uncovering and building new social technologies.
Conference Details and Contact Information:
- Date and time: Wednesday, June 6, 2012 - 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (registration/breakfast begins at 8 a.m.; cocktail reception begins at 4:35 p.m.)
- Location: Marriott Union Square, 480 Sutter Street, San Francisco; Directions and parking information available here
- For sponsorship information, contact email@example.com.
- For media passes, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stay up to date on programming updates and new sponsors at www.glimpseconf.com or by following Glimpse on Twitter: @glimpseconf.
Glimpse: the Social Discovery Conference is the first conference focused on the future of social discovery. Companies and products in the social discovery space aim to connect people with new places, people and products that they will enjoy based on their social interactions and existing interests. The day-long event will be held at the Union Square Marriott in San Francisco on June 6, 2012. Glimpse will bring together leading experts in social discovery to discuss the future of how we live, decide and buy. For more information on Glimpse, go to www.glimpseconf.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Social Discovery Conference, tech conference, San Francisco, Glimpse, technology, event, app , Marketwire, , Business, Entertainment, Email,