|Page (1) of 1 - 04/05/12||email article||print page|
Gliffy Unveils Atlassian Confluence Plugin v4.2HTML5 Viewer and Links Within Diagrams Among the Enhancements (April 05, 2012)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/05/12 -- Gliffy, a leading provider of online diagramming tools for enabling visually impactful, collaborative communications, today announced the release of Gliffy Confluence Plugin v4.2. This version includes a HTML5 viewer, links within diagrams, and other enhancements that improve the usability of Gliffy within the Atlassian Confluence wiki environment. This plugin also enables Gliffy to be used throughout a business on the widest range of platforms (from Windows XP, Vista and the latest versions, to Mac OS) and browsers.
"This release is a critical step towards making Gliffy even more universal by continuing to support Flash and also have a path to HTML5," said Chris Kohlhardt, co-founder and CEO of Gliffy. "It also represents a major stepping stone for us as we lay the groundwork for future innovations to be unveiled over the next several quarters."
The HTML5 viewer was one of the most requested features of Confluence users. Anyone using Chrome or the latest versions of Firefox and Safari will experience a noticeable difference in usability and convenience.
- Search results are displayed in a friendlier way -- using an image preview. This is a time saver over clicking links that appeared in text results.
- Diagrams on wiki pages will now be much more interactive. For example, users will be able to zoom and pan large diagrams, making it easier to see the details.
- Text within diagrams is now 'live' and can be selected, copied and pasted. Not only is this a time saver, but it also improves accuracy by eliminating the need to retype.
- Being able to link within a diagram makes it easy to access relevant notes pertaining to the item being clicked. This feature is ideal for network administrators.
- Enhanced Macro controls for diagram access on the Confluence page. Referred to as the "Pop-up Chrome," the modes range from an inviting fully editable (Full) with zoom and edit capabilities, to an aware but less inviting (Minimal) with border only showing.
In addition, this release includes a number of bug fixes.
"Gliffy provides world-class diagramming software that has the best and deepest Atlassian Confluence and JIRA integration that I personally know of," said Martin Seibert, founder & CEO of //SEIBERT/MEDIA GmbH. "As Europe's fastest growing Atlassian partner, we are seeing a significant demand for a diagramming add-on like Gliffy, especially for our Confluence customers. The move to a deeper HTML5 integration is what makes me bet on Gliffy as the go-to diagramming solution for our customers now and into the future."
Gliffy Confluence Plugin v4.2 is available through the Atlassian Plugin Exchange (https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugins/com.gliffy.integration.confluence), under the Drawing category (listed alphabetically). Confluence administrators can also find it in the Plugin Manager in Confluence under the 'Install' tab. Gliffy is listed as one of the 'Popular' Plugins.
You can learn more about it here: http://www.gliffy.com/products/confluence-plugin/4-2/.
Gliffy is a leading provider of online diagramming tools for enabling visually impactful, collaborative communications. Along with Gliffy Online, other products include fully featured, tightly integrated plug-ins for Atlassian's Confluence and JIRA. Gliffy offers a powerful, cost-effective alternative to Visio, featuring an intuitive drag-and-drop interface that combines the power of traditional desktop software with the lightweight, low learning curve and flexible features of today's most popular browser-based applications. Founded in 2005 and headquartered in San Francisco, California, Gliffy is self-funded and privately held. More information is available at www.gliffy.com.
For more information, contact:
Jedemi Communications for Gliffy, Inc.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Gliffy, Inc., Windows, Mac, WinXP, OS9, OSX, Marketwire, Inc., , Business, Browsers, Other,