|Page (1) of 1 - 01/26/12||email article||print page|
Gearing Up for Super Bowl Celebrations, Viator.com Names Winning Hometown Travel Experiences(January 26, 2012)
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) January 26, 2012
As the New England Patriots and New York Giants plot their best gridiron strategies, fans considering a trip to a victory parade can guarantee a winning travel experience whether or not their team wins. The team at Viator.com the leading resource for researching and booking more than 9,000 tours and activities in 800-plus destinations in more than 150 countries has made their picks to help visitors to Boston and New York experience their destination beyond the ticker tape.
The New England Patriots play at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts, just about 20 miles from Boston. But, the traditional victory parade route runs through the heart of Beantown. Viator has a selection of things to do in Boston worthy of a touchdown dance whether visitors are football fans or not.
- The Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour gives visitors a chance to take in nearly 20 of the citys most popular sites all in one day and at their own pace.
- While the Boston Duck Tour is a seasonal activity starting up in March, these amphibious vehicles that show visitors the city from land and river have played an important part in many of Bostons victory parades.
- Visit the New England Aquarium to experience the four-story, 200,000-gallon Giant Ocean Tank, home to everything from sea turtles to sharks to tropical fish.
- The Total Boston Experience combines the best of old and new Boston with visits to historic countryside towns of Cambridge, Lexington and Concord as well as Faneuil Hall, "Quincy Marketplace," Beacon Hill and the USS Constitution.
- The Boston Chocolate Walking Tour offers two routes, each with numerous tastings at some of Bostons finest chocolatiers, restaurants and candy stores, sure to sweeten any Boston visit.
As the debate rages on as to whether the Giants are a New York or New Jersey team, downtown Manhattan is just a drive from their East Rutherford, New Jersey stadium and home to the teams victory parades of the past.
- Perfect for a quick visit, the New York in One Day Sightseeing Tour includes the citys major sites including Times Square, the World Trade Center Site, Fifth Avenue, Rockefeller Center, Central Park and a boat tour getting up close to the Statue of Liberty.
- The New York Harbor Hop-on Hop-off Cruise including 9/11 Memorial Ticket a guaranteed timed visit to the new memorial, with additional stops at Battery Park, South Street Seaport and Fulton Ferry Landing.
- New to Viator, the New York City Gourmet Food Cart Walking Tour offers two routes with six tasty tastings on each, perfect for the foodie fan looking for a unique exploration of the city.
- One of the most popular ways to tour Manhattan is by air and the Big Apple Helicopter Tour of New York provides a front row seat to the citys beautiful skyline.
- Take in one of many Broadway shows available from Viator.com including Mamma Mia, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Spider Man, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying and War Horse.
Sports fan or not, all travelers looking for travel inspiration and ideas as well as the latest deals, promotions, contests and Viator news, can follow Viator on the Viator Travel Blog as well as Facebook and Twitter.
Viator® is the worlds leading online resource for travel experiences, providing access to more than 9,000 tours, attractions and activities in 800-plus destinations in more than 150 countries. Viator the Latin word for traveler offers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities via its Web and mobile platforms with resources such as more than 300,000 traveler reviews, ratings and photos, suggested itineraries and the Viator Travel Blog. Viators in-house travel experts hand-pick trusted local operators to ensure quality, value and service, all backed by a low-price guarantee. Viator sells its products through Viator.com, the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone, the Viator Ultimate Experience Guide for iPad, eight local language sites for the European and Japanese markets and more than 2,000 affiliated sites that include major hotel chains and airlines, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Viator is a privately held company, with lead investment from The Carlyle Group, one of the worlds largest private equity firms. Founded in 1995, Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas.
# # #
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/1/prweb9140568.htm.
Related Keywords:internet, consumer goods, consumer issue, consumer confidence, consumer issue, fishing industry, cinema industry, radio industry, television industry, music industry, process industry, tourism and leisure, lifestyle and leisure, , health and beauty product, health, health treatment, health organisations, government health care, private health care, , health and safety at work, lifestyle and leisure, lifestyle (house and home), health insurance, tourism and leisure, lifestyle and leisure, tourism,