|Page (1) of 1 - 01/17/06||email article||print page|
Game Marketing Conference Announced For March 8-9, 2006 In San FranciscoConference dedicated to professionals marketing computer and video games (January 17, 2006)
"With 2006 being a year of transition for the industry, this two day conference is a must attend event for all game industry professionals tasked with bringing product to market," said Christopher Sherman, Executive Director of The Game Initiative. "The conference agenda is built around industry leaders presenting the latest research, marketing strategies and the all important case studies for a true view from the trenches. Attendees will learn how industry leaders have dealt with some of the same challenges they currently face, and which solutions worked and which didn't."
Game Marketing Conference is more than just a sea of faces in a conference hall - it is the spring networking paradise! The highly acclaimed conference format gives attendees ample opportunity to meet key industry figures, learn the latest techniques and technologies and build relationships with peers and industry leaders.
The Game Marketing Conference takes place at 600 Townsend Street (across from the Macromedia building) in the South of Market area of San Francisco, California. Online registration is open and attendees can save $200 by taking advantage of the early bird registration - only $295 - until February 24, 2006. Registration information and conference details are available on to http://www.GameMarketing.com
Game Marketing Conference Sessions include:
- New platforms, new challenges-how to ride out 2006
- Spending your dollars wisely: print vs. online vs. TV
- Effectiveness of viral marketing: From loving Bees to making friends on myspace
- Product case study - a view from the trenches
- Making or Breaking: Can top-notch marketing turn an A game into a AAA game?
- Breaking the walls: turning developers into marketers and vice versa
- Going outside: when does it make sense to hire an agency
- Marketing beyond our borders: working with international partners or headquarters
- Opportunities on Emerging Platforms
- Marketing Way Outside the box: nontraditional marketing for games
- Working with Licenses
- Event marketing - trade shows to user groups, what works?
- Trends: reading the tea leaves for demographic and product insight
About the Game Initiative
The Game Marketing Conference is produced by The Game Initiative, a leading producer of conferences and events for game industry professionals. Now entering it's 4th year, the Game Initiative produced 11 game focused conferences and events in 2005, attracting almost 4,000 game industry professionals from around the world as speakers, attendees, sponsors and exhibitors. The Game Initiative supports the growth of the industry through events, public awareness and programs that serve the needs of companies and people involved in producing interactive entertainment software and hardware for video game consoles, handheld devices, personal computers and the Internet. Game Initiative events include the Austin Game Conference, Mobile Game Conference, Women's Game Conference, Game Writers Conference, Advertising In Games Forum, Casual Games Conference, Game Technology Association Meetings and the How to Break into the Game Industry national conference series.
More information about The Game Initiative can be found at http://www.GameConferences.com
Related Keywords:video games, computer games, game industry, Game Initiative
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved