|Page (1) of 1 - 11/01/11||email article||print page|
Funzio Named the Most Innovative Gaming Startup in The Wall Street JournalSocial Gaming Company to Be Showcased at Dow Jones VentureWire's FASTech Conference Next Week (November 01, 2011)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/01/11 -- Funzio, developer of action-packed AAA quality games for mobile, Facebook and Google+, has been named to the Dow Jones VentureWire FASTech 50 list of the most innovative technology startups that appeared in The Wall Street Journal: http://blogs.wsj.com/venturecapital/2011/09/07/introducing-venturewires-fastech-50-most-innovative-start-ups/tab/interactive/. Funzio is the only gaming company who made this year's list.
"Venture capitalists are always searching for startups that are developing truly original technology with the potential to transform the marketplace," said Scott Austin, editor of Dow Jones VentureWire. "The FASTech 50 cuts through the clutter of me-too startups to highlight companies developing the most innovative and investment-worthy technologies."
Funzio's milestones include:
- September 2010: Funzio's Crime City game first launched on Facebook, and it quickly became one of the top five Facebook games of the year. Crime City on Facebook has since had: more than 1 million daily active users, more than 7.5 million monthly players and the highest rating of any game that has more than 600,000 daily active users on Facebook (4.9/5.0)
- May 2011: Funzio secured $20 million in Series A growth financing led by IDG Ventures in the US and IDG Capital Partners in China (http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/social-gaming-startup-funzio-lands-20-million-series-a-funding-led-idg-ventures-idg-1512297.htm)
- August 2011: Crime City was one of the first games available on Google+ (http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/social-gaming-startup-funzio-launches-mega-hit-crime-city-on-google-1548890.htm)
- August 2011: Crime City launched on iOS (http://itunes.apple.com/app/crime-city/id430907397?mt=8), reached #1 on Apple's Free Apps Chart within four days of launching on iOS (http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/funzios-crime-city-tops-apples-app-store-chart-becomes-one-top-10-grossing-apps-1549867.htm) and has consistently been on the Top 10 Grossing Apps Chart since launch
- October 2011: Funzio hired its 65th employee
"We're honored to be selected as the most innovative gaming startup," said Ken Chiu, CEO of Funzio. "Our first game Crime City instantly became a huge hit, and it continues to top the charts and have millions of monthly players. We can't wait to release more high quality games that people love playing on mobile, Facebook and Google+."
Funzio will be showcased at Dow Jones VentureWire's FASTech Conference taking place November 8-9 at the Sofitel Hotel in Redwood City. FASTech will assess the dynamics driving innovation and success in the technology industry through exclusive interviews, analysis driven by Dow Jones editors and presentations from the most investment-worthy startups.
About the Dow Jones VentureWire FASTech 50
Dow Jones VentureWire's FASTech 50 is an annual list of the most investment-worthy technology startups as selected by the editors of Dow Jones VentureWire and a board of leading venture capitalists. This year's theme was innovation. To be eligible for the list, a company must be based in the U.S., venture-backed and have launched a product within the last three years that breaks from conventional methods, introduces a novel technology or markedly advances an existing product or service.
Funzio creates free-to-play high quality, innovative and polished games for mobile, Facebook and Google+ that are action-packed and foster competition. Funzio secured $20 million in Series A growth financing led by IDG Ventures in the US and IDG Capital Partners in China so that it can accelerate its expansion and development. Funzio is headquartered in San Francisco, California. For more information, visit: http://www.funzio.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Funzio, Pro AV, Presentors, Business Issues, Presentation, People, USA, China, Marketwire, , Lifestyle, china,