|Page (1) of 1 - 08/27/09||email article||print page|
Fullpower Introduces MotionX-GPS(TM) 7.0 for the iPhoneNew Cool Course and Direction Up Maps Optimized for 3GS (August 27, 2009)
SANTA CRUZ, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 08/27/09 -- MotionX(TM)-GPS, the top selling navigation application for the iPhone, launches an updated version with expanded features and functionality. MotionX-GPS V7 embeds the functionality of an advanced handheld GPS unit into a simple and intuitive iPhone application that is ideal for outdoor activities such as cycling, running, sailing, skiing, kayaking, flying, motorcycling and even hot-air ballooning!
For example, hot-air balloon pilot Tony Cochran uses MotionX-GPS to create tracks for sharing with clients and maintaining a logbook of flights. Using MotionX's One-Click Share feature, he can e-mail track stats to clients with a link to view the track in Google Maps, as well as post directly to Facebook or Twitter to share with friends. He uses the GPX file from the e-mail to create graphic elevation profiles using uTrack and to post stunning 3D flight profiles in Google Earth. For more on Cochran's story click here.
"I use Fullpower's MotionX-GPS app for tracking pleasure balloon flights in Colorado," said Cochran. "Most of our clients like to know how high and how far we traveled during the flight, and MotionX-GPS makes it easy to share the flight specifics. I post the flight track to my Facebook page before we have even packed up the balloon. If you are looking for an app for any outdoor activity, MotionX-GPS is for you."
New Features in MotionX-GPS V7:
- Direction-up maps and tracks are integrated with the 3GS compass, so you can orient the map to the direction of travel or to where the iPhone is pointing to enable easy navigating of saved tracks.
- MotionX-GPS takes you more places than ever with the addition of three new Bing map types -- road, aerial and hybrid. For increased flexibility, the Bing maps integrate with the other MotionX map types including MotionX Open Road, MotionX Open Terrain and Google road, satellite and hybrid maps.
- An optimized compass gives you the most accurate navigation whether you are using MotionX-GPS to find and mark new places or to retrace your steps.
- For optimum performance, the new auto compass for the iPhone 3GS switches automatically between magnetic and satellite mode.
- Now you can save your travels via a track on the map page even if you haven't used the stopwatch/track recorder feature.
Embraced by more than 2 million outdoor enthusiasts, MotionX-GPS 7.0 for the iPhone 3G and 3GS is available for $2.99 for a limited time through the Apple App Store.
Fullpower's MotionX technology platform is the leader for mobile sensing solutions. MotionX solutions span navigation, imaging, life-sciences and energy management. Today the iPhone is the premier showcase for MotionX solutions, with more than 3 million App store downloads.
Founded in 2003 by Sonia Lee and Philippe Kahn, Fullpower's mission is to put motion-sensing in every mobile device. As the leader in mobile sensing solutions, Fullpower is building on its expertise in wireless sensor technology to deliver unique, interactive motion-sensing applications. MotionX solutions are designed and developed in Santa Cruz, Calif.
MotionX-GPS V7 in the iTunes Store:
Colorado Balloonist's story:
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1051589
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1051584
Kulesa Faul for MotionX
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: MotionX, MotionX-GPS, iPhone GPS, iphone, navigation, maps, compass, sensing solutions Fullpower, Marketwire, Apple Computer, Outdoor Sports, Other,