|Page (1) of 1 - 06/20/12||email article||print page|
Fuhu, Inc. to Launch World's Fastest, Most Powerful Seven-Inch Tablet for Kids With nabi 2Unsurpassed Premier Partners to Cement nabi 2's Category Dominance (June 20, 2012)
EL SEGUNDO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 06/20/12 -- Fuhu, Inc. (http://www.fuhu.com), the creators of nabi tablet, the first full-featured Android tablet and platform made just for kids, and award-winning Fooz Kids application, today announced the July 2012 launch of their nabi 2 Android 4.0 tablet, which will be the world's fastest and most powerful seven-inch tablet made for kids.
Built from the ground up, the nabi 2 will provide unprecedented stability and a seamless experience like no other children's tablet. The nabi 2 offers an unparalleled ecosystem: HD console-quality games optimized for the NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 quad-core processor; Spinlets Plus Music built on the 7digital platform has more than 19 million tracks with a built-in kid-safe selection of releases from Disney, Nickelodeon, Laurie Berkner, and more; Spinlets Plus TV offers more than 700 hours of streaming shows, including Paddington Bear, Busy Town, and much more; App Zone 2.0 includes more than 500 mom-approved games and apps; and Fooz Kids University features the only 50 state-standardized, core learning system that helps kids master math, science, social studies and English.
Making this possible is Fuhu's exceptional relationships with premier companies like NVIDIA, Dreamworks Animation, Cartoon Network, Cookie Jar Entertainment, Sunburst Digital, and 7digital. The nabi 2 tablet will be available nationwide in July at Walmart and Best Buy in retail and online for $199.99.
"We are setting the bar incredibly high with the nabi 2 as there is nothing out there that even comes close. It will be the fastest, most powerful seven-inch tablet in the category. It is coming pre-loaded with only the best and most entertaining, educational and enriching features so when a child turns on his nabi 2 for the first time, his experience is instant," said Jim Mitchell, Fuhu, Inc.'s CEO. "Working with our partners who are each leaders in their respective categories, we are launching a fully loaded tablet that cannot be matched."
- Fastest, Most Powerful Seven-Inch Tablet For Kids: Made possible with the NVIDIA Tegra 3 4-PLUS-1 quad-core processor for faster multitasking and web browsing, console-quality games, full 1080p HD video, and longer battery life.
- Beloved Kid-friendly Shows: Through Cookie Jar Entertainment for just $2.99 a month, fans will get unlimited instant streaming of more than 700 hours of kids-safe content from such classic shows like Strawberry Shortcake, Paddington Bear, Animal Crackers and much more.
- State-standardized Core Curriculum: Kids won't even realize how much they're learning because of the fun they'll be having. Working with Sunburst Digital, nabi 2 will offer state-standardized core curriculum in English, math, science and social studies for Kindergarten through Fifth Grade for a truly educational experience.
- Comprehensive Music Solution: Partnered with 7digital, nabi 2 will offer an á la carte mp3 store with more than 9,000 children's albums from the brands that kids love the most -- Disney, Nickelodeon, and many more. In addition, there will be more than 19 million high quality mp3 tracks from all the major music labels covering all genres in the password-protected zone.
- Engaging Books: Kids will have access to more than 700 ebooks via nabi 2's partnership with MeeGenius. Kids of all ages will be able to read a wide variety of carefully curated and beloved books at all reading levels.
- Entertaining Animated Fare: From action to comedy animation, kids will be entertained for hours with the Cartoon Network Video app featuring clips from dozens of hit shows including: Ben 10, The Looney Tunes Show, Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, and much more.
- Fun Integrated Accessories: From carrying cases, character packs, headphones and puzzle pieces, nabi 2 will have fun, functional and customizable accessories. The Dreamworks Animation partnership will feature protective nabi 2 drop-safe bumpers themed to the characters from the hit movie Madagascar 3 along with other upcoming brand partnerships. In addition, Fuhu will introduce its own back panel that allows for personalization with proprietary accessories.
"The nabi 2 with Tegra 3 provides a fun experience that kids of all ages will enjoy," said Michael Rayfield, general manager of the Mobile business at NVIDIA. "Videos, games and more come to life with the great performance and long battery life of Tegra 3, making it a perfect fit for the nabi 2."
"The heart of our business is using technology to engage kids in learning at school. That is why we teamed up with nabi 2," said Dan Steinhauser, Director of Media and Software Systems, Sunburst Digital. "It is an ideal way to bring our curriculum home. Millions of children can get a head start on learning with instant access to rigorous academic materials in math, science, English and more. Best of all, nabi 2 is fun to use and our lessons motivate kids for a lifetime of academic success."
In addition to many new features, nabi 2 can also teach children responsibility and making good choices with Chore List and Treasure Box. With Chore List, kids can manage their priorities for the week and keep track of their achievements, which parents can also easily manage, reward and incentivize. Treasure Box is a rewards system allowing children to earn and choose from amazing games, apps, music, video and accessories.
"With this tablet, we will help a child grow in experience, creativity, imagination, education, social interaction, and more," continued Mitchell. "The nabi 2 is going to change the way a child interacts with technology."
Fuhu Inc., creators of the nabi tablet, Fooz Kids, and urDrive, is a leading provider of cloud-served software, applications, and services that are dedicated to creating deep and engaging user experiences on a range of consumer devices. Products include urDrive, a preloaded software solution on select Kingston USB Flash Drives that provides "follow me" content; Spinlets Plus, a global PC and Android cloud-served music solution; and Fooz Kids, a downloadable application that kiddifies your computer with apps, controlled by parents. Fuhu's most recent unveiling is the nabi 2 tablet -- the fastest and most powerful 4.0 Android tablet made especially for kids. For more information, visit www.fuhu.com, www.nabitablet.com, and www.foozkids.com.
Director of PR for Fuhu Inc.
310.227.8230, ext. 25
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: tablet, kids tablet, childrens tablet, android tablet, educational tablet, android games, apps, Animators, Broadcast, Streaming, Digital, Prosumer/Consumer, Business, Flash, MP3, Graphics/Design, Internet Media, Marketwire, Inc., Cement, Television, Music, Internet Technology, Business, Entertainment, Science, Children, Parents, Other,