|Page (1) of 1 - 02/23/10||email article||print page|
Free Adobe Tech Talk: †Hidden gems in preflight(February 23, 2010)
DMN Newswire--2010-2-23--Join Leonard Rosenthol, Adobe's PDF standards architect, as he takes you on a tour of the preflight feature in Acrobat 9 many of which are hidden behind the scenes.
Although preflight is traditionally associated with prepress workflow, with PDF it applies to any use --legal, AEC, forms and more. There is something for everyone in preflight and this is the talk to learn about how to find it.
Date: Wednesday, February 23, 2010
Time: 10-11am US Pacific (1-2pm US Eastern)
Free Registration: http://www.acrobatusers.com/events/2137/hidden-gems-preflight
What you will learn:
- Repair PDF files for common trouble spots such as fonts that aren't embedded or images below a certain resolution
- Convert documents to conform to a existing standards for online, digital or print distribution
- Fix common problems encountered when printing & publishing
- Check whether PDFs have been OCRd or are black and white vs. color
- Create custom, reusable preflight profiles to lighten your workload in the future
Suitable for users of all levels. Familiarity with the Acrobat preflight tool is helpful.