|Page (1) of 1 - 11/30/11||email article||print page|
Foxit(R) Announces Mobile PDF App Available for Android(TM) DevicesPDF Technology of Choice for Over 100 Million Users Is Now Available for Android Tablets and Smartphones (November 30, 2011)
FREMONT, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/30/11 -- Foxit® Corporation, a leading provider of solutions for reading, editing, creating, organizing, and securing PDF documents, today announced the release of the Foxit Mobile PDF app for the Amazon's Appstore for Android and Google's Android Market. Mobile PDF is more than just a PDF reader; it also provides advanced display, collaboration tools, and document page management capabilities. Mobile PDF is based on Foxit Reader technology, which is the favorite desktop PDF reader of over 100 million users worldwide.
Mobile devices are typically not the only devices that mobile users utilize. Most mobile users still use desktop systems due their increased screen size, powerful computing resources (CPU, memory, and disk), full keyboard, and mouse. When they are on the go, they shift from desktop systems to a smaller tablets and/or smartphones. When making this transition, mobile users don't want to change applications or use "watered down" versions of their desktop applications. They want to continue to use the same features with a common user experience making the transition seamless. Foxit lightweight architecture and platform independent technology uniquely provides this seamless transition to mobile PDF users.
Foxit Mobile PDF's standout features include:
Ultimate PDF Document Viewing - Read PDF documents with a fantastic user experience:
- Open PDF files with great performance,
- Easily zoom and turn pages,
- Automatic restore of the last view settings when re-opening documents,
- Set the brightness of the screen to optimize reading in different environments,
- Effortlessly read documents designed for a full-sized sheet of paper on devices with small screens with automatic content re-arrangement, which is called reflow. Reflow eliminates the need to drag the horizontal scroll bar left and right.
Innovative Collaboration - Collaborate with colleagues when authoring PDF documents:
- Add comments or suggestions using notes and highlights,
- Easily correct mistakes by cancelling the last action with redo and undo features,
- Eraser tool helps to delete all kinds of selected annotations,
- Pencil tool allows users to add signatures or notes to their PDF documents by using their fingertips,
- Share PDF files via email or Bluetooth without leaving the app.
Advanced Document Page Management - Quickly and easily navigate PDF documents:
- Enables users to add, edit and delete bookmarks in their documents.
"Users want a feature-rich, high performance, and consistent user experience across all the devices they use," said Frank Kettenstock, VP of marketing for Foxit Corporation. "With industry leading performance, a lightweight architecture, and platform independent technology, Foxit uniquely delivers the best PDF reading and collaboration solution for desktop and mobile users."
For more information, contact Foxit at www.foxitsoftware.com or at 1-866-MYFOXIT.
About Foxit Corporation
Foxit Corporation, a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, is at the forefront of cost-effective electronic document solutions. Customers of Foxit's award-winning products include major technology and healthcare companies, global financial services firms, and government agencies. Founded in 2001, Foxit Corporation believes in innovative, standards-based technology and unrivalled customer support, with a deep commitment to sustainable, environmentally sound products and services.
Foxit is a registered trademark of Foxit Corporation. Other trademarked names or terms used in this document are the properties of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: PDF solution, PDF editor, PDF reader, PDF security, Foxit Corporation, Foxit Reader, PhantomPDF, Displays, Communications, Smart Phone, Display, PDF, Authoring/Programming, Authoring, email, Marketwire, , Financial, Gold, Communications Technology, Email, Other,