|Page (1) of 1 - 06/16/11||email article||print page|
ForeScout Positioned as a Leader in Network Access Control Industry by Independent Research FirmReport Ranks ForeScout Top Rated Performer in Current Offering and Strategy (June 16, 2011)
CUPERTINO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 06/16/11 -- ForeScout Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of automated security control solutions for Fortune 1000 enterprises and government organizations, has been confirmed as a leader in Network Access Control (NAC) solutions in the June 2011 report "The Forrester Wave: Network Access Control, Q2 2011." The report ranks ForeScout as the top rated performer in both strength of current product offering and strategy. ForeScout has been chosen by more than 1,000 of the world's most secure enterprises and military installations for global deployments spanning 37 countries.
Forrester Research, Inc. evaluated the top six vendors with enterprise-class Network Access Control solutions through a combination of vendor surveys, product demos, strategy briefings and customer reference calls for the report which provides a detailed review of the network access control market. The vendors were then ranked against 72 criteria including current offering, strategy and market presence.
Key ForeScout capabilities referenced in the report include:
- Unified management: one enterprise manager appliance controls multiple NAC appliances.
- Integration: highly network and security infrastructure interoperable with broad enforcement options.
- Clientless (agentless) mode: works without agents and offers a non-persistent lightweight client.
- Hardware (appliance) or software (virtual appliance) deployment options.
- Heavy focus on IT consumerization, mobile device control and data center virtualization.
The report cites that users should "consider the vendor's entire product portfolio and ease of deployment as top considerations."
ForeScout's automated security control platform, CounterACT, offers a cost-effective and integrated solution for network access control (NAC), mobile security and endpoint compliance that overcomes the complexity, administrative burden and constraints of conventional network infrastructure and endpoint protection approaches. Among top reasons why customers choose ForeScout:
- Superior usability and manageability - ForeScout integrates best-in-class functionality in a highly intuitive administrative GUI and web console. CounterACT's built-in device classification, policy and report templates, combined with plug'n play interoperability with leading network and security infrastructures, allow customers to achieve rapid results with lower total costs.
- Mobile security - the ability to classify, report by brand and by user, and apply custom policies to corporate and personal smartphones and mobile devices without requiring agents.
- Real-time, agentless visibility - readily see who, what and where resources are on your network including users, device, applications, processes, ports, external devices, and compliance status.
- Rich guest registration - flexibility to set guest registration process, authentication, endpoint compliance, restrictions and monitoring based on visitor, time, device type and device integrity.
- Advanced post-admission monitoring - enables on-going monitoring of users/devices to enforce policy and detect malicious activity including the means to identify and stop propagating worms, MAC address spoofing and device spoofing such as impersonating a printer or IP phone.
- On-demand scalability - streamlines the administration, scale out and maintenance of multiple CounterACT appliances; where by one CounterACT console can manage 250,000 devices.
"ForeScout continues to be the go to NAC vendor of choice and we are proud of the outcome of this comprehensive analysis which confirms what our customers have been telling us for years -- ForeScout is a NAC leader," said Gord Boyce, CEO of ForeScout. "As the successful pure play in the market, more than double the size of our nearest competitor, we have a distinct advantage to offer the industry's most innovative NAC solution that affords our customer's greater flexibility, scalability, assured results and ongoing value."
About ForeScout Technologies, Inc.
ForeScout enables its customers to unleash the full power of their network through enterprise-class security and control. ForeScout's automated solutions for network access control, mobile security, threat prevention and endpoint compliance empower organizations to gain access agility while preempting risks and eliminating remediation costs. Because ForeScout security solutions are easy to deploy, unobtrusive, intelligent and scalable, they have been chosen by more than 1,000 of the world's most secure enterprises and military installations for global deployments spanning 37 countries. Headquartered in Cupertino, California, ForeScout delivers its solutions through its network of authorized partners worldwide. Learn more at www.forescout.com.
ForeScout Technologies, Inc. is a privately held Delaware corporation. ForeScout, the ForeScout logo, CounterACT and ActiveResponse are trademarks of ForeScout. Other names mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Montner & Associates, Tech PR
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: network access control, control network access, access control, network security, mobile security, Computers/Peripherals,Internet,Printer,Digital Media Software,Computers/Home Office,Communications,Web,Networks,Security,Smart Phone,Applications,Security,Research,Applications,Security,Internet,Business Issues,Authentication,Administration,Authentication,Policy,Security,Administration,Internet Server Applications,Mac,OS9,OSX,Marketwire, Inc.,IT (Information Technology),Security,Appliances,Environmental Technology,Internet Technology,Other,