|Page (1) of 1 - 05/23/02||email article||print page|
Flaming Pear Updates Plugins for OS XTryouts, updates available now
Included in the new OS X lineup are SuperBladePro 1.06, LunarCell 1.4, Designer Sextet 1.2, Mr. Contrast 1.0, Flood 1.0, Hue and Cry 1.0, Melancholytron 1.02, Flexify 1.6, Glitterato 1.0, SolarCell 1.3, India Ink 1.7 and Tesselation 1.27. The only one not available for OS X currently is Knot, with is S 9-only.
SuperBladePro is Flaming Pear's flagship filter. It's primarily designed to place material effects on raster images, including metal, glass and the like, with bevels, lighting options and several material options.
Other Flaming Pear Filters perform the following functions:
- Flood produces water effects on images, allowing users to place bodies of water onto a scene.
- LunarCell is designed specifically for generating planets.
- Designer Sextet includes six filters for warping, coloring and performing other effects on images.
- Mr. Contrast is designed to emphasize detail in an image.
- Melancholytron creates moody effects.
- Hue and Cry provides color manipulation tools.
- Flexify is a warping tool.
- Glitterato generates star fields and nebulae.
- SolarCell create suns.
- India Ink converts color images into black and white halftones.
- Tesselation turns graphics into repeating tiles.
Trial versions of the plugins and updaters for all of the above-listed filters are available now for download. There are also several free plugins, patterns and textures available for Mac OS X at Flaming Pear's Web site. For more information, visit http://www.flamingpear.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at email@example.com.
Related Keywords:Flaming Pear Updates Plugins for OS X