|Page (1) of 1 - 08/30/11||email article||print page|
Five Tips to Get Your Real Estate Agent Back on the Job(August 30, 2011)
BALTIMORE, MD -- (Marketwire) -- 08/30/11 -- In the current real estate market, with home sales slumping like an injured athlete, many sellers are pulling out all the stops to get their homes to sell. One of the most common tactics is to change realtors when the one they're using isn't getting the job done. However, one expert believes there is another way.
Pat Hiban, a billion-dollar selling real estate agent and author of "6 Steps to 7 Figures" (www.pathiban.com) -- a self-help guide for realty agents -- has some tips for consumers, too.
Hiban's advice includes:
- Be Proactive - Successful people are productive every morning. In sales, that means you need to be making prospecting calls, doing open houses, calling contacts, writing notes to people, making new contacts, and getting in people's faces. If your agent is waiting around for the phone to ring, ask them if they are working every avenue they can, and suggest they beat the bushes.
- Plan The Week - Ask them what their agenda is for the week, and make sure they are doing something every day to promote your property. Keep them focused with an agenda every week, and you'll increase the chances they'll be successful for you.
- Get Busy - Activity breeds activity. It's a universal truth that the more you push your flow out to potential buyers, the more inward flow of contacts you'll generate. You never know when they'll catch a break, but if they aren't in the game and getting out in the community, they'll never have a chance to find one.
- Accept All Invitations - Networking can many times win the day, and real estate agents typically receive every invitation available to local networking and community events. Ask them if they attend local events, and when you know some are coming up, email them the information.
- Don't Panic - Panic and negativity on your part makes your agent feel the same way. Don't vex them. Help them stay focused and positive. If you keep going, they'll keep going.
About Pat Hiban
Pat Hiban is one of only a few residential Realtors in the entire world to have the title of Billion Dollar Agent, having sold one billion dollars in homes. Much of Hiban's specialty is in the foreclosure market with current clients that include Freddie Mac, Wells Fargo and Bank of America.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Author Pat Hiban, Sales, Sales & Marketing, Networking, Internet, Sales, Sales, Mac, OS9, OSX, Marketwire, Email,