|Page (1) of 1 - 04/19/12||email article||print page|
Five Artists Named Finalists in Scotch Packaging Tape Sculpture ContestOnline Vote Begins Today for the Scotch Off the Roll Contest From 3M (April 19, 2012)
ST. PAUL, MN -- (Marketwire) -- 04/19/12 -- Five creative individuals from across the country are being recognized as finalists in the third annual Scotch Off the Roll Packaging Tape Sculpture Contest, sponsored by 3M. Which tape sculpture do you think is worthy of the $5,000 cash prize?
Scotch Brand is encouraging the public to vote at OffTheRollContest.com from April 19 - May 2, 2012 to determine the top two packaging tape sculptures to go 'roll to roll' in the final round of judging. The winner will then be determined by a panel of experts, including pioneer tape sculptor Mark Jenkins.
About the contest:
- To enter, artists constructed tape sculptures using Scotch Packaging Tape and submitted photos, unique sculpture names and brief descriptions to OffTheRollContest.com
- 102 eligible entries were narrowed down to five finalists by a panel of experts based on execution, creativity and presentation
- Voting is open to individuals who submit a valid email address and are 16 years of age and older, except where restricted by law
- Votes should be based on creativity (60 percent) and presentation (40 percent)
- Limit ten votes per person/email address per day
- The two sculptures that receive the most votes will move on to the final round of judging, which will determine the $5,000 grand prize winner and the $1,000 first runner-up
- The three second runners-up will each receive a $500 cash prize
- For a complete set of contest rules, visit OffTheRollContest.com
About the Finalists:
- Jake Longenecker from Manheim, Pa. created Free Fallin' using 15.5 rolls of Scotch Packaging Tape
- Abigail Colety from Austin, Texas created Game Night using 9 rolls of Scotch Packaging Tape
- Lila Ferber from Omaha, Neb. created One Octopus Band using 55 rolls of Scotch Packaging Tape
- Gavin Mann from Puyallup, Wash. created The Creation of Adam using 24 rolls of Scotch Packaging Tape
- Michelle Noe from Louisville, Ky. created Tight Rope Tape Walker using 12 rolls of Scotch Packaging Tape
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $30 billion in sales, 3M employs 84,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visit www.3M.com or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
3M and Scotch are trademarks of 3M. © 3M 2012.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1955163
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1955170
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1955172
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1955174
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1955176
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1955441
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: 3M, Scotch Packaging Tape, Scotch Off the Roll Contest, Mark Jenkins, tape scuplture , Marketwire, , Email,