|Page (1) of 1 - 12/01/11||email article||print page|
Fingerprint Releases 5 Mobile Apps for Kids Just in Time for the HolidaysFingerprint Kicks Off $1 Million App Giveaway to Support Launch of Its Big Kid Life and Play Maker Titles (December 01, 2011)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/01/11 -- Fingerprint Digital, Inc., a kids' learning and entertainment platform, today unveiled the first five "Fingerprinted" apps for kids ages 3-8 and their grownups on the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Founded by a veteran development team from LeapFrog, PlayFirst, and LucasArts, innovative start-up Fingerprint is launching the first-ever mobile social learning and play network. Every Fingerprint application includes a set of features that enable sharing and communication between kids and their grownups, game play snapshots for parents, a recommendation engine for new games based on play patterns and progress, and a virtual reward system that encourages kids to keep learning.
With the release of its first five apps, Fingerprint also gives families the chance to test out the groundbreaking Mom-Comm feature, which allows parents to stay engaged as their kids enjoy exciting game play and learning activities. Making it even easier for users to try it out, Fingerprint is launching with a limited-time giveaway of the first $1 Million worth of apps.
In Big Kid Life Fire Fighter, Big Kid Life Vet, Big Kid Life Fairy Princess and Play Maker, kids make their way through new adventures while practicing education skills. In DoReMi 1-2-3, kids master fun music ear training games that boost brain development while they laugh, create, and play. Meanwhile, the in-app Mom-Comm allows family and friends to join in the fun, and keep up with kids' progress, from wherever they may be. Enhancing the learning and play experience, parents have the option to send words of encouragement by recording a voice message, writing a note, or choosing a scripted message.
The $2.99 premier apps are available to download for free in the Apple App Store for a limited time, and in the coming months, the network of Mom-Comm enabled games will expand. Here's a preview of the premier games:
- Big Kid Life Fire Fighter -- Kids ages 4-7 can use their special backpack hose to drench Fire Monsters, use ladders to climb past obstacles, and save kitties and puppies -- all while practicing skills with numbers, shapes and symbols.
- Big Kid Life Vet -- Kids ages 3-6 learn logic with letters, numbers, colors and shapes as they try to find out what's ailing their pet in a series of fun touch and seek levels.
- Big Kid Life Fairy Princess -- Kids ages 4-7 develop reading comprehension skills as they play through 15 magical adventures, creating their very own Fairy Princess story.
- Play Maker -- Kids ages 4-8 learn progressive math and spelling skills with the help of their own unique Fingerprint character. Kids can design a costume, choose fun animations and even record a voice for their character.
- DoReMi 1-2-3 -- Kids ages 4-8 interact with moo-sical cows, boat-rowing pandas, and twinkling stars while learning to distinguish the individual building blocks of musical pitch and melody and boosting brain development. This is Fingerprint's first third-party app developed by Creativity Mobile and Funosophy, and the first in a series of groundbreaking music education games. *DoReMi 1-2-3 not included in initial app giveaway, but will be offering a holiday-themed in-app giveaway soon. Currently available only on iPad.
About Fingerprint Digital, Inc.
Fingerprint is the first kids' learning and entertainment platform, providing sharing and engagement opportunities between kids and grownups across mobile devices and the web. Its network of quality, Mom-Comm enabled edutainment apps is made up of first-party apps, as well as apps "fingerprinted" by third-party developers. Fingerprint is backed by THQ (NASDAQ: THQI), Reed Elsevier Ventures, and K2MediaLabs and is headquartered in San Francisco. For more information, visit www.fingerprintplay.com or facebook.com/FingerprintPlay.
About Creativity Mobile
Located in the Silicon Valley, Creativity Mobile was launched by parent company Creativity, Inc., a 12-year industry leader and innovator of kids' interactive entertainment including toys, games and learning products. Their mission is to bring to the App space the highest of standards in quality content and play value for kids and parents everywhere. Bringing the wealth of experience behind over 5000 kids' play and learning products to the brave new world of mobile media, Creativity Mobile is poised to take Apps for kids and families to the next level. To find out more, please visit www.creativitymobile.com or www.facebook.com/CreativityMobile.
Jason Throckmorton or Lauren Lloyd
LaunchSquad for Fingerprint
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Kids apps, edutainment, Fingerprint, giveaway, free apps, learning and play, gaming, iPad apps, Audio/Sound, Gaming, Family, Toys, Internet, IPod, online game, Education, Children, Parents, Family, Communications, Gaming, Digital Audio, Movies & Music, Web, PC Games, iPods, iphone, iPad, Family, Training, Music, Marketwire, Inc., , Apple Computer, Music, Internet Technology, Entertainment, Family, Parents,