|Page (1) of 1 - 02/22/12||email article||print page|
Final Effects Complete 6 AVX Released for Avid Media Composer 6Over 110 designer effects and transitions for 64-bit Avid video editing and finishing systems (February 22, 2012)
Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated effects technology for video and film, today announced Final Effects Complete 6 AVX (FEC 6 AVX). FEC 6 AVX brings 110+ designer effects and transitions to Avid Media Composer 6, Symphony 6, and NewsCutter 10. The release features new transitions, audio-driven effects creation, and a new Compare Mode feature that enables editors to compare the filtered result with the unfiltered source via either a side-by-side view or a live split-screen view. Each Final Effects Complete AVX filter has been re-engineered for 64-bit operating systems.
"FEC 6 AVX brings the legendary Final Effects Complete visual effects suite to 64-bit Avid editing and finishing systems," commented Boris Yamnitsky, president and founder, Boris FX. "Loaded with particle effects such as Mr. Mercury, Hair, and Bubbles and text and edge treatments including Wiggle Edges, Burn Edges, and Sparkle Edges, FEC AVX gives Avid editors access to filters used day in and day out by Adobe After Effects artists."
Final Effects Complete 6 AVX New Feature Highlights
• Support for 64-bit Avid editing and finishing systems. Final Effects Complete 6 AVX supports Avid Media Composer 6, Symphony 6, and NewsCutter 10.
• Compare Mode. Added to many FEC 6 AVX filters, Compare Mode enables editors to compare the filtered result with the unfiltered source via either a side-by-side view or a live split-screen view. In the side-by-side view, users can view the unfiltered and filtered image result as changes are made to the image. In the split-screen view, users can drag the wipe bar anywhere across the image to compare the filtered result with the unfiltered source at any zoom level. Additionally, Compare Mode offers the unique ability to view the filtered result with a live filtered layer in the timeline.
• Beat Reactor Technology. Beat Reactor lets editors sample specific bands of audio from a clip and use the sampled audio levels to drive FEC effect parameters. This new technology makes it easier to generate audio-driven effects such as a pulsing light or an image wipe that follows along with the beat of an audio track.
• On-Screen Overlay Widgets. New on-screen overlay widgets allow editors to make precise parameter adjustments while keeping their eyes focused on the source image.
• New Transitions include Super Dissolve, RGB Dissolve, and Rectangular Scale Wipe.
• Significant Performance Gains. Every FEC 6 AVX filter has been optimized for improved rendering speed on modern computing platforms.
Pricing and Availability
FEC 6 AVX is available immediately through the Boris FX worldwide reseller channel and direct from the Boris FX website at www.borisfx.com for an MSRP of $895 USD. For a limited time, owners of Boris Continuum Complete 8 AVX can add FEC 6 AVX for an MSRP of $100 USD.
A free 14-day FEC 6 AVX trial version is available from www.borisfx.com
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is a leading developer of VFX, compositing, titling, and workflow tools for broadcast, post-production, and film professionals. Boris FX products have grown to serve over a million artists worldwide, with a customer base encompassing network and broadcast television clients such as BBC, CBS, Discovery, ESPN, and Turner, post-production facilities such as The Ant Farm, Digital Kitchen, and Troika Design Group, and educational and government institutions such as Columbia College, the U.S. Army, and the U.S. Air Force. The company's success lies in its ability to tightly integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with industry-leading developers of video editing software and hardware including Adobe, Apple, Avid, Autodesk, Corel, Grass Valley, Nexidia, and Sony.
Related Keywords:final effects, avid, media composer, avx, vfx, boris fx