|Page (1) of 1 - 02/13/12||email article||print page|
Filtronic Broadband Accelerates Acquisition Integration With InforTelecommunications Component Manufacturer Expands Infor ERP Business (SyteLine) Footprint to Connect With New Electronics Specialist Operation (February 13, 2012)
ATLANTA, GA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/13/12 -- Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that telecommunication component manufacturer Filtronic Broadband has extended its investment in Infor10 ERP Business (SyteLine), following the acquisition of Isotek Holdings. ERP Business will boost productivity across the new entity and help reduce manufacturing costs, freeing up time to focus on driving the business forward.
- Following its acquisition of Isotek in December 2010, Filtronic Broadband chose Infor10 ERP Business as it required an ERP application that could be used across sites in the UK and United States. Crucially, it had to be implemented quickly before the end of the financial year.
- ERP Business is set to standardize and accelerate inventory processes between the companies and then help identify and reduce the cost of materials in manufacturing operations.
- By housing a master database of all parts, with consistent item numbers across UK and US sites, Infor ERP Business will help speed up processes and eliminate excess stock where duplicate parts are held under different codes.
- ERP Business will become the core ERP application across Filtronic Broadband and Isotek, delivering standardized reports.
- Future plans include the rolling out of ERP Business to manufacturing sites in China.
"Following our acquisition of Isotek it was clear we needed to implement an ERP system across the expanded business as quickly as possible. We had already seen a solid set of benefits from Infor10 ERP Business, and with such confidence in the application it made clear sense to extend our footprint," said Dave Barry, IT manager, Filtronic Broadband. "The expanded system is currently in the early stages of use, and we anticipate that we will see some real benefits in terms of time saved and reduced inventory costs, alongside more consistent reporting."
"High tech manufacturers like Filtronic know that it is the fastest and most agile businesses which stand to thrive in the current market," said Phil Burgess, regional vice president, sales, ERP, UKIMEA, Infor. "Speed is crucial in order to capitalize on the benefits and economies of scale in M&A activities, and by extending Infor10 ERP Business to its new acquisition, Filtronic will be able to complete processes and reporting faster and smarter, keeping them one step ahead of the competition."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor ERP Business (SyteLine) - www.infor.com/product_summary/erp/sl/
Infor is a leading provider of business software and services, helping more than 70,000 customers in 164 countries improve operations and drive growth. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Infor, Filtronic, ERP, SyteLine, USA, China, Marketwire, , Financial, Application Software, Business, china,