|Page (1) of 1 - 05/03/12||email article||print page|
FieldView Exhibits New Data Center IT Power Management FeaturesColocation Support, Microsoft Business Intelligence (BI) Toolsets and Enhanced Polling Agents Set a New Standard for Data Center Management Offerings (May 03, 2012)
EDISON, NJ -- (Marketwire) -- 05/03/12 -- Datacenter Dynamics - FieldView Solutions, IT power management experts and the industry-leading Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) provider, has selected the Datacenter Dynamics Converged, Seattle, WA event as its latest FieldView 5.0 showcase venue. Drawing notable attention, FieldView 5.0 continues to impress data center facilities managers, IT personnel and engineers with its ability to improve power efficiencies and save money by providing holistic and -- granular -- visibility into data center operations from a single web-based console.
According to a global survey by Datacenter Dynamics, data centers in the U.S. increased their use of energy by 36 percent between 2005 and 2010, while worldwide energy use by data centers increased by 56 percent. The same survey predicted an additional 19 percent of energy consumption between September 2011 and September 2012.
"It comes as no surprise that increased energy costs are at the top of the list of challenges for data center managers, and that this trend will significantly impact their data center operations for some time to come," said Fred Dirla, CEO of FieldView Solutions. "FieldView 5.0 was developed from actual user feedback to easily and reliably monitor power controls, power distribution equipment, and heat from mechanical systems to help organizations identify new ways to manage power more efficiently -- across the entire data center portfolio from one vantage point."
FieldView 5.0 features include:
- Business Intelligence (BI) offering - The Analysis Agent - The Analysis Agent leverages Microsoft's Business Intelligence (BI) toolset for online analytical processing (OLAP), data mining, charting and data presentation as well as operational and ad hoc reporting.
- Colocation Suite - The suite is a set of tools to support colocation tenants, providers and managers. New reports are infused with micro permissions as well as zone security to cover cabinets, circuits, IO points, and strips. In addition, space charts have been added to provide enhanced visual representations of a tenant's occupancy, space and resource utilization.
- Enhanced Polling Agent - FieldView users may now poll one or more locations from any single polling agent instance in the server topology as well as select and configure specific devices as "critical." In addition, an open polling interface is now available to support structured data access through an Open Database Connection (ODBC) to any compatible database management system.
- Radically Redesigned Heat Maps - FieldView's heat map page has been redesigned to enable rapid, effective data interpretation across multiple status dimensions, vis-à-vis a single view. In addition, a new snapshot feature has been added for point-in-time visualizations as well as a new slideshow feature to build automated displays of data center temperature.
- Asset Agent - The asset agent is designed to function as a complete solution for customers without an asset management application or as an integration point into existing asset solutions.
- Intel ® Data Center Manager (DCM) Integration - a new, more granular level of monitoring which enhances the power of FieldView 5.0. Users can now monitor and trend real-time temperature, power and utilization data at the server level via Intel DCM 3.0 and increase their power efficiency by as much as 40 percent.
Experience FieldView 5.0 at DatacenterDynamics Converged.
For additional information, please contact FieldView Solutions at (732) 395-6920 or via email at email@example.com. For DCIM industry insight, follow FieldView Solutions on their blog, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, or join FieldView DCIM Professionals on LinkedIn.
About FieldView Solutions
FieldView Solutions provides managers of today's complex, mission-critical data centers with browser-based, scalable software tools that deliver a real-time view into all aspects of data center infrastructure management (DCIM). The company's flagship product, FieldView, has helped data center operations professionals in many of the largest data centers in the U.S., Europe and Asia since 2006. The FieldView Solutions team is comprised of industry professionals with demonstrated experience in both the design and operation of data centers and the development of technology platforms that service them. FieldView Solutions meets the needs of a broad range of users, from smaller, single-site operators through large-scale global corporate clients. For more information, visit http://www.fieldviewsolutions.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1969488
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1969489
For more information, contact:
BridgeView Marketing for FieldView Solutions
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: IT Power Management, Datacenter Dynamics, USA, Marketwire, , Business, Email,