|Page (1) of 1 - 06/06/12||email article||print page|
FieldView Brings Award-Winning DCIM Solution to 7x24 ConferenceNew DCIM Features Ease Multi Data Center Management Frustrations (June 06, 2012)
EDISON, NJ -- (Marketwire) -- 06/06/12 -- FieldView Solutions, IT power management experts and the industry-leading Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) provider, announced today it will convey data center best practices and showcase its FieldView 5.0 DCIM solution at the 7x24 Exchange Spring Conference, June 10-13, in Orlando, FL (Table #40). FieldView Solutions is a Silver Partner of this year's Spring Conference which will focus on end-to-end reliability and thought leadership for mission-critical facilities.
Companies can no longer trust precious information to a data center with limited management visibility into operational integrity. A holistic view is needed to monitor continuous cooling as well as to instantly pin point a developing issue from any data center, in any country, across any aisle, or within any rack. Fred Dirla, CEO, FieldView Solutions explains more.
"It's imperative for data center operators to have an in-depth monitoring solution in place to cost-effectively provide services," Dirla stated. "Free, rudimentary monitoring tools that are given away with hardware are not built to scale and meet the needs of effectively managing global data centers. Facility managers, IT personnel and engineers need real-time insight garnered from holistic data center operations, to properly maintain service, aid in expansion and reduce operational expenses."
New FieldView 5.0 features include:
- Business Intelligence (BI) offering - The Analysis Agent - The Analysis Agent leverages Microsoft's Business Intelligence (BI) toolset for online analytical processing (OLAP), data mining, charting and data presentation as well as operational and ad hoc reporting.
- Colocation Suite - The suite is a set of tools to support colocation tenants, providers and managers. New reports are infused with micro permissions as well as zone security to cover cabinets, circuits, IO points, and strips. In addition, space charts have been added to provide enhanced visual representations of a tenant's occupancy, space and resource utilization.
- Enhanced Polling Agent - FieldView users may now poll one or more locations from any single polling agent instance in the server topology as well as select and configure specific devices as "critical." In addition, an open polling interface is now available to support structured data access through an Open Database Connection (ODBC) to any compatible database management system.
- Radically Redesigned Heat Maps - FieldView's heat map page has been redesigned to enable rapid, effective data interpretation across multiple status dimensions, vis-à-vis a single view. In addition, a new snapshot feature has been added for point-in-time visualizations as well as a new slideshow feature to build automated displays of data center temperature.
- Asset Agent - The asset agent is designed to function as a complete solution for customers without an asset management application or as an integration point into existing asset solutions.
- Intel® Data Center Manager (DCM) Integration - a new, more granular level of monitoring which enhances the power of FieldView 5.0. Users can now monitor and trend real-time temperature, power and utilization data at the server level via Intel DCM 3.0 and increase their power efficiency by as much as 40 percent.
For additional information, please contact FieldView Solutions at (732) 395-6920 or via email at email@example.com. For DCIM industry insight, follow FieldView Solutions on their blog, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, or join FieldView DCIM Professionals on LinkedIn.
About FieldView Solutions
FieldView Solutions provides managers of today's complex, mission-critical data centers with browser-based, scalable software tools that deliver a real-time view into all aspects of data center infrastructure management (DCIM). The company's flagship product, FieldView, has helped data center operations professionals in many of the largest data centers in the U.S., Europe and Asia since 2006. The FieldView Solutions team is comprised of industry professionals with demonstrated experience in both the design and operation of data centers and the development of technology platforms that service them. FieldView Solutions meets the needs of a broad range of users, from smaller, single-site operators through large-scale global corporate clients. For more information, visit http://www.fieldviewsolutions.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1994075
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1994080
For more information, contact:
BridgeView Marketing for FieldView Solutions
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: DCIM, 7x24xChange, USA, Marketwire, Business, Email,