|Page (1) of 1 - 08/10/10||email article||print page|
Field Solutions Announces a Major Upgrade to Its Proprietary Field Sourcing and Management PlatformFaster Management of Large-Scale Field Service Programs (August 10, 2010)
MINNEAPOLIS, MN -- (Marketwire) -- 08/10/10 -- Field Solutions (www.fieldsolutions.com), North America's premier provider of field service technician independent contractors, today announced the release of its second generation direct-to-technician (D2T) field sourcing and service management system. This latest release, called FS Release 2, builds upon its earlier breakthrough capability for sourcing and controlling a nationwide network of independent contractors. Field Solutions' earlier version is credited with creating a significant cost reduction for customers by providing breakthrough capabilities for sourcing and managing a nationwide network of independent contractors. The company began its first release deployments on July 15th.
FS Release 2 delivers capabilities designed to dramatically improve speed of use by eliminating unnecessary steps in running large volumes of work orders. Like FS Release 1, this new version provides customers:
- Direct and unfettered access to the technician providers for fast, clearly communicated sourcing.
- Work order features for the individual unique service management approaches of our clients.
- Pinpoint control of every step of the service delivery process.
"It's not enough to simply 'show up' in a market," commented Mac Lewis, CEO of Field Solutions. "Leaders must invest and innovate, and the major new upgrades in FS Release 2 are ahead of any alternative online field sourcing approach. Our clients count on us to always have the lowest total cost approach, including site efficiency, and we continue to be committed to offering sophisticated technology to manage our extensive network of independent field service technicians."
FS Release 2 System Strategies
- Data-On-Top Features: With the redesign of our work listing dashboards, users now have all the data needed to run work without ever having to open the actual work order. This change eliminates numerous clicks and page loads needed on other platforms, saving users time, and increasing responsiveness as service status and assignment questions arise.
- Work-On-Top Features: Central to this release is the ability to advance work orders right in the dashboards. Now, high-volume users can filter lengthy lists of sites to the desired group, such as a multi-site route, and advance the work orders as a group with one keystroke without ever opening them. As an example, a route with 15 sites being assigned to a single technician can all be assigned with one update. This time-to-use enhancement, when coupled with our transparent access to the provider base, makes Field Solutions the single fastest service order management system available today for large project and roll-out management.
- Speed "Gadgets": Also new are numerous "speed gadgets." Above and beyond the "mass update" gadgets that enable the work-on-top features, we have added the first four single item find-and-advance tools. If you know a single fact about a work order -- such as its ID number or the technician's name, you are only one click away from finding it and advancing it anywhere in the Field Solutions environment. This is an example of how we provide the fastest, smartest and easiest-to-use online service order management system.
- Simplified Process Flows: While these system enhancements provide efficiency tools, we have also been optimizing process flows, taking out unnecessary clicks and removing barriers that prohibit the smooth advancement of work orders. Among the most significant is a "create and assign" single-step work order process, which takes advantage of the open access to our provider base, once again providing the fastest way to run work to providers you already know and prefer.
Release Deployment Roadmap
Every major component of the Field Solutions service order management system will be replaced over the next two months. In sequence, FS Release 2 will provide new control panels, new technician-facing online tools, and a redesigned work order that is easier to use but still contains the industry's broadest array of management and data options.
About Field Solutions, Inc.
Field Solutions is a leading provider of independent field service technicians to the electronics industry and is committed to delivering the highest quality field service through independent technician resources across North America. Field Solutions achieves quality results with flexibility and responsiveness through its automated technician sourcing and work order management tools, experienced field service project management team, state-of-the-art quality assurance and analytical processes, and a trained and motivated group of independent field technicians. Field Solutions' clients are leading electronics manufacturers, resellers and service providers. Field Solutions' independent technicians are geographically dispersed across North America and maintain experience, certification, and skill set profiles in the Field Solutions technician database. For more information, visit www.fieldsolutions.com or call Marty Reader, EVP sales and marketing, at 952.288.2506.
KC Associates, LLC
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: electronics field service technician, field sourcing and service, service order management, Mac,OS9,OSX,Marketwire,Outdoor Sports,Other,