News: Page (1) of 1 - 06/15/12 Email this story to a friend. email article Print this page (Article printing at MyDmn.com).print page facebook

Feds: Man to plead guilty in 1983 Conn. robbery

Conn. US attorney's office says Puerto Rican nationalist to plead guilty in 1983 $7M robbery By The Associated Press

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) ' The U.S. attorney's office in Connecticut says a Puerto Rican nationalist who's one of the last people charged in a $7 million armored car depot robbery in 1983 has agreed to plead guilty.

Federal prosecutors didn't give details Thursday of the deal with Norberto Gonzalez Claudio. His attorney hasn't responded to requests for comment.

The U.S. attorney's office says a hearing is scheduled for Friday in U.S. District Court in Hartford.



Gonzalez is not accused of directly participating in the West Hartford heist. He has pleaded not guilty to charges including bank robbery, conspiracy and transportation of stolen money. He was captured in Puerto Rico last year.

The robbery was orchestrated by Los Macheteros, a group that claimed responsibility for robberies, murders and bombings in the 1970s and '80s in the name of Puerto Rican independence.


Page: 1


Related Keywords:Puerto Rico-Robbery,Crime,Nationalism,Theft,General news,Government and politics

[ServletException in:/common/ads/links.jsp] The absolute uri: http://java.sun.com/jstl/core cannot be resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application'

Our Privacy Policy --- @ Copyright, 2015 Digital Media Online, All Rights Reserved