|Page (1) of 1 - 09/12/11||email article||print page|
Fav.tv Launches Interactive TV Guide at DEMO Fall 2011 ConferenceLove TV? Discuss, Follow and Get Notified About Your Favorite Shows in One Place (September 12, 2011)
SANTA CLARA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 09/13/11 --
- Fav.tv today announced the launch of their interactive TV guide at the DEMO Fall 2011 Conference.
- TV is becoming a very loose and chaotic social network offline. According to the Nielsen Co., Americans now spend 35 percent more time watching TV and using the Internet than we did a year ago. Fav.tv is here to organize the online and offline TV chatter and make it useful.
- Fav.tv gives you a better TV experience by filling the gap between TV and the audience through key information, share and discuss options and tracking tools so you never miss out. Fav.tv includes:
- A personal guide so you don't miss an episode and can keep track of what you've watched or still need to watch
- Information and news about your favorite shows, new and old, in one place
- Fav.tv helps you stay connected to and track your favorite TV shows to make watching TV a better experience. You sign-up, select your favorite shows and Fav.tv lets you discuss, follow and get notified around the things you want to know about the shows you love.
- Fav.tv tells you when your shows are on and helps keep track of what episodes you've watched. There's no searching, no flipping through a TV Guide and no scrolling through 300+ channels.
- Can't get enough even after the show is over? Come back to Fav.tv and talk about the show with your friends. No hash tags to remember. No fan website or message board to go to. And best of all, you won't ever have to worry about spoiling an episode by talking about it with a friend who hasn't watched it yet; we'll tell you what they've seen and what they haven't.
- Fav.tv brings out the critic in everyone, providing a different perspective on what you've watched. Now all of those interesting, candid "water cooler" conversations are being captured online at Fav.tv.
- In addition to launching onstage at DEMO Fall 2011, Fav.tv is also announcing:
- The Fav.tv iPhone and Android app -- Brings the entire Fav.tv experience to the iOS and Android platforms so you can easily check show listings, get the latest news and keep your conversations around TV going while you are on-the-go.
- TV News -- Now get news on upcoming episodes, the casts of your favorite shows and more all in one place so you don't have to search multiple sites.
- Show Reminders -- You can opt to receive an email or SMS notification when a new episode of your favorite show airs so you never miss an episode.
- Social Syndication -- Automatically tweet or post to Facebook when you want to share what you've said on Fav.tv.
- Fav.tv will take the DEMO Fall 2011 stage on Wednesday, 9/14 at 9:00 a.m. PT -- DEMO attendees can also visit Fav.tv at Booth D25.
- To sign-up for a Fav.tv account, visit: http://fav.tv.
- To download the Fav.tv iPhone app, visit: http://fav.tv/iphone.
- To download the Fav.tv Android app, visit: http://fav.tv/android.
Attributable to Saverio Mondelli, CEO and co-founder, Fav.tv
"TV brings people together -- and so far, tools to socialize the experience have failed because they demand more work and split attention from the viewer. You shouldn't have to live by someone else's schedule or try to keep up with online chatter when watching your favorite shows. We just want to create a better experience for people like us, people who love TV. Fav.tv lets you watch and enjoy your favorite TV shows, without interruption, and then take part in those interesting TV conversations after you are done watching. Don't you have to juggle enough? TV should be all about you -- and Fav.tv is here to help you enjoy it."
Fav.tv is an interactive guide for keeping up with all things TV. With Fav.tv, you can discuss, follow and get notified of everything relevant to your favorite shows. Unlike other sites that only tell you what's on or provide news, Fav.tv fills the gap between TV and its audience by bringing color to your favorite shows making TV watching better. Founded in 2011, Fav.tv is headquartered in Mountain View, Calif. For more information and to start using fav.tv today, visit http://fav.tv.
Produced by the IDG Enterprise events group, the worldwide DEMO conferences focus on emerging technologies and new products innovations, which are hand selected from across the spectrum of the technology marketplace. The DEMO conferences have earned their reputation for consistently identifying cutting-edge technologies and helping entrepreneurs secure venture funding and establish critical business. For more information on the DEMO conferences, visit http://www.demo.com/.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: social media, social TV, television, internet, applications, mobile, entertainment , Marketwire, Apple Computer, Television, Internet Technology, Business, Entertainment, Internet, Email, Other,