|Page (1) of 1 - 08/20/07||email article||print page|
Facilis Increases Flexibility and Power in TerraBlock 3.0Third major release widens connectivity, introduces Linux support and expands virtual volume capabilities (August 20, 2007)
TerraBlock high-performance storage network has received industry-wide recognition for its progressive technology, simplicity and reliability. TerraBlock 3.0 builds on Facilis Technologys innovative product line with the following features:
- Connectivity Improvements: The new iSCSI server module enables 1Gbit connections to Ethernet clients, while maintaining the same management tools and virtual volume access as the faster fiber channel clients.
- Virtual Volume Improvements: TerraBlocks native virtual volume feature is unique in the industry. With TerraBlock 3.0, virtual volumes offer a higher maximum capacity of 8TB for most Windows clients, and larger for some OSX and 64bit clients. In addition, the Change Volume feature now includes the ability to dynamically expand volume size for both Windows and OSX clients.
- Read-Only Volume Improvements: Both Windows and OSX clients have the ability to schedule background updates to read-only volumes, down to a one minute interval.
- TerraBlock Manager Improvements: TerraBlock Manager 3.0 offers a single line display for Tandem spanned volumes, color-coded read, write and error volume states, date display for volume creation and an expert mode in OSX to simplify daily operations. In addition, TerraBlock 3.0 offers management software on the Linux platform.
- Administration Improvements: Administrative feature improvements include email notification for server and drive errors, export of server statistics to CSV files, drive error reset, ability to mount/un-mount virtual volumes remotely and an optional re-mount of all client volumes after server reboot.
?This release offers our customers yet another advancement in our already powerful storage products. TerraBlock has become even more intuitive and flexible to meet the strict requirements of higher-level workflows, stated James McKenna, vice president, Facilis Technology. ?Furthermore, were very proud that the features in this release are the outcome of close communication with our customers. We listened to their requests and were able to fulfill them while advancing our core technology.
TerraBlock systems combine intelligent drive management software with lower-cost SATA drive technology and dedicated optical fiber channel client connectivity. TerraBlock supports all Avid, Apple, Adobe and most non-linear editorial, graphics and effects applications, content creation, DI and encoding systems on various Windows, Macintosh, and Linux OS platforms.
Visit Facilis Technology during IBC 2007 at Stand # 7.839 to learn more about TerraBlock shared storage. To locate a licensed reseller, visit www.facilis.com or call 800-620-7022.
About Facilis Technology
Facilis Technology, Inc. designs and builds high-capacity, turnkey storage area networks for the post-production field. The company delivers cost-effective, high-bandwidth storage solutions that facilitate a more efficient workflow for content creators in HD, broadcast, graphics and animation industries. For more information, visit www.facilis.com.
Matter Communications for Facilis Technology
Tel: 978.499.9250 x224
Related Keywords:TerraBlock, shared storage, SAN, iSCSI, virtual volumes, Linux, ethernet