|Page (1) of 1 - 11/21/11||email article||print page|
FORA.tv Presents The Conference Channel Video App for iPad(November 21, 2011)
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) November 21, 2011
FORA.tv, the leading online destination for video programs from the worlds best conferences and events, announced today that its new Conference Channel iPad app is available for free download from the iTunes App Store. FORA.tv's Conference Channel iPad app is the only app dedicated to streaming pay-per-view conference and event video programming on the iPad. The new app offers free previews and paid access to more than 1,000 full-length video programs curated from world-class events. Further, the new app extends FORA.tv's pay-per-view model for Premium Events to an additional platform and generates increased revenue for event organizers.
The Conference Channel app adds increased flexibility and convenience to the FORA.tv video-viewing experience, said Blaise Zerega, president and CEO of FORA.tv. And for our event partners, the app ensures distribution of their videos to the fast-growing iPad platform, further complementing our popular iPad-friendly mobile site.
FORA.tv's Conference Channel iPad app offers free previews and paid access to full-length video programs, with new videos being added every week from events, including:
- The New Yorker Festival;
- The 2011 Washington Ideas Forum;
- The Economist Buttonwood Conference;
- Christian Science Monitor Breakfasts;
- 92Y events;
- Fairchild Fashion Media Events;
Features of FORA.tv's Conference Channel include:
- Curated Homepage: Enjoy video programming on a variety of topics, including the economy, environment, politics, technology, science and culture;
- Cross-Platform Synch: Watch purchased programs on either the FORA.tv web site or the Conference Channel app by synching your accounts;
- Offline Viewing: Download videos and enjoy the programs without an Internet connection: ideal for airplane flights or outdoor viewing;
- Personal Library and Bookmarks: Create a personal library of favorite conference videos;
- Memory Management: Control media storage via custom hard-disk space settings;
- Enhanced Navigation: Discover the most compelling videos when browsing by topic, event name or conference organizer.
FORA.tv is the leading online destination for video programs from the world's best conferences and events. With more than 10,000 free and fee-based videos, FORA.tv has the web's largest collection of programs that feature the people, issues and ideas changing the world. FORA.tv also offers premium, fee-based videos on an iPad application called The Conference Channel. FORA.tv helps hundreds of organizations and media outlets including the Aspen Institute, the Economist, the New York Public Library, and Wired expand the audience for their events. FORA.tv has been named a Top 50 Web Site by TIME, and a Top Education Site by The Telegraph. FORA.tv is funded by a select group of investors led by William R. Hearst III and is based in San Francisco. For more information, visit http://fora.tv.
Press Contact: Rob Flynn, VP, Sales and Marketing, FORA.tv;
Phone: 202-677-5008; Mobile: 703-283-6361; rob(at)fora(dot)tv
Conference Channel iPad App Images Below:
1) Event Shot for 2011 Ideas Festival
Image Link: http://cdn.fora.tv/press/conferencescreen.png
2) Conference Channel App ITunes Store Page
Image Link: http://cdn.fora.tv/press/conferencechannel_appstore_page.png
3) Free preview with option to purchase full-length program (James Franco at the 92Y)
Image Link: http://cdn.fora.tv/press/jamesfranco_offer.png
4) Premium Video Viewing (Malcolm Gladwell at The New Yorker Festival)
Image Link: http://cdn.fora.tv/press/gladwell_playerpage.png
5) Personal Library: Create a personal library of favorite conference videos:
Image Link: http://cdn.fora.tv/press/mylibrary.png
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/11/prweb8976688.htm.
Related Keywords:computing and information technology, satellite technology, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), identification technology, agricultural research and technology, internet, computing and information technology, satellite technology, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), identification technology, agricultural research and technology, restraint of trade, international (foreign) trade, trade dispute, trade agreements, trade policy, trade balance, fishing industry, cinema industry, radio industry, television industry, music industry, process industry, computer crime,