|Page (1) of 1 - 07/19/04||email article||print page|
FOR-A Showcases Range of HD/SD Technology at IBCFeatures live demos of FOR-A's virtual studio technology (July 19, 2004)
FOR-A, a leading manufacturer of digital SD and HD systems for the broadcast and professional video industries, is showing for the first time in Europe its newest HD/SD digital video switcher at IBC 2004, Stand 2.141. The newest member of the popular Hanabi series, the Hanabi HVS-1000HS is a cost-effective, multi bit-rate, multi-format switcher.
In addition, FOR-A will be demonstrating its latest virtual studio technology, digiWarp-EXII, as well as its wide range of time-base correctors, HD/SD switchable image stabilizers and color correctors and a high-resolution camera.
FOR-A will be showing the following product line up:
Digital video switchers
* Hanabi HVS-1000HS - the HVS-1000HS is a digital video switcher, which enables broadcasters to easily transfer between SD and HD in real-time. Part of the Hanabi family, the HVS-10000HS provides performance, quality and practicality in a compact, easy-to-use and low-cost package. It features up to 16 video inputs, up to two DVE layers, chromakeying, compositing and editing functionality - all in a compact 2U mainframe.
* Hanabi SD switcher - an on-air digital video switcher designed for live production use in either studio or OB environments. It includes six keyers, two mix/effects layers and four floating DVEs.
Virtual studio systems
* digiWarp-EXII - visitors to the FOR-A stand will see a live demonstration of the company's virtual studio software. Using digi-Warp-EXII, artists can create complex scenery made up of four object layers with a live blue screen image. This expands the limits for depth of field production in 3D space beyond what was originally possible with a single background layer. Each background layer can be swapped instantly during broadcast to increase the creative possibilities for producers and directors in a live environment.
* digiStorm - visitors will also witness the latest joint developments between FOR-A and Brainstorm Multimedia in the world of virtual 3D software. This includes the latest version of eStudio, a virtual studio broadcast graphics program, as well as new plug-ins for its virtual studio and 3D presentation graphics software.
Frame synchronizers, color correctors and multi-viewers
* In addition, FOR-A will showcase its well-established range of time-base corrector and frame synchronizers, including the FA-145 and FA-395A, IVS series image stabilizers, DCC color correctors and the industry-leading MV-40F and MV-162 multi-viewers.
* Finally, FOR-A will be showing its specialist range of cameras - the high frame-rate VFC-2000 and the high-resolution IHC-600 cameras, which demonstrate the state-of-the-art technology behind the whole FOR-A product range.
Established in Japan in 1971, and with over 400 people at offices worldwide, FOR-A is a leading manufacturer and distributor of audio and video systems to the broadcast, post-production and professional video markets. Its product line-up includes high quality digital video switchers, color correctors, image stabilizers, high-resolution cameras and virtual studio software. Customers include some of the world's leading broadcasters and post-production groups. For more information please visit www.for-a.com
Related Keywords:FOR-A, IBC, virtual studio, HD/SD digital video switcher, Hanabi, Hanabi HVS-1000HS, digiWarp-EXII, time-base correctors, image stabilizers, color correctors, high-resolution camera, Hanabi SD, digiStorm, Brainstorm Multimedia, virtual 3D, eStudio, FA-145, FA-395A, MV-40F, MV-162, VFC-2000, IHC-600,