|Page (1) of 1 - 01/09/12||email article||print page|
Experts From MasterCard, Visa, Isis and PayPal Headline Agenda for Smart Card Alliance 2012 Payments SummitConference Program Focuses on EMV Migration, NFC Mobile Payments and Open Transit Payments (January 09, 2012)
PRINCETON JUNCTION, NJ -- (Marketwire) -- 01/09/12 -- Senior experts from MasterCard Worldwide, Visa Inc., Isis, and PayPal will headline the Smart Card Alliance 2012 Payments Summit, the Smart Card Alliance announced today. The main conference will be held February 8th -10th, 2012 at the Hilton Salt Lake City Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. Registration and sponsorship information are available on the Smart Card Alliance 2012 Payments Summit event page. The events begin on February 6th, with a skiing-related social activity at St. Regis Deer Valley, and educational workshops on February 7th.
The Summit will have an "all payments" agenda, covering every leading transaction platform: EMV card payments, mobile payments, and transit payments. Keynote presentations scheduled for Wednesday, February 8th include:
- "EMV and Mobile Payments - Shaping the Future for Payments Innovation," Ed McLaughlin, chief emerging payments officer, MasterCard Worldwide
- "NFC Mobile Payments - Building a Parallel Payments Industry," Jim Stapleton, chief sales officer, Isis
- "Preparing the Way for EMV Payments," Jennifer Fischer, head of U.S. payment system risk, Visa Inc.
- "Securing Payments Across ALL Channels with EMV," Dr. Toni Merschen, Toni Merschen Consulting
- "What is the Role of NFC in Multi-channel Commerce?" Patrick Gauthier, head of market intelligence, PayPal
"With card, mobile and transit payments industries moving rapidly towards game-changing technologies, the Payments Summit presents an ideal setting for all of the stakeholders to come together to discuss and collaborate on what 2012 will mean for their individual industries, as well as how they can come together on convergent solutions," said Randy Vanderhoof, executive director of the Smart Card Alliance.
The remainder of the conference program will be divided into sessions on EMV payments, mobile payments, and transit payments and will include these topics:
- EMV in the United States. With Visa's recently announced plans to accelerate EMV chip migration and mobile payments acceptance, what are the next steps for U.S. banks, credit unions, issuers, processors and merchants?
- NFC and Mobile Payments. Major Near Field Communication (NFC) programs are underway with Google and Isis, and millions of NFC-enabled handsets for consumers will arrive soon. How will the "wallet wars" evolve? Who will take the spotlight? Will consumers and retailers be responsive to the technology?
- Transit Payments. Transit operators from major cities nationwide have announced ambitious plans to upgrade their fare collection systems to move beyond open bank card fare payments pilots and begin roll-outs that are expected to include contactless payment cards, stickers, and NFC-enabled mobile devices. With Chicago, Philadelphia, and New York leading the way forward, which cities are going to be next? Which technology and payments partners are going to part of this fare payments evolution? How will mobile payments and EMV impact the transit industry?
Prior to the conference, the Smart Card Alliance is offering educational workshops on February 7th on "Contactless Payments: Fundamentals of Chip-enabled Financial, Mobile, Transit Payments Issuance and Merchant Acceptance," and the "EMV Universe," featuring lessons learned from the Canadian EMV experience. The same day, the Alliance is holding its all day training course for individuals planning to take the Certified Smart Card Industry Professional (CSCIP) exam.
Skiers can come early and join in on Monday's "Day on the Slopes" at Deer Valley St Regis Resort that includes lift tickets, games, meals and a networking reception. Visit the Payments Summit event page for more details at http://www.smartcardalliance.org/payments12.
About the Smart Card Alliance
The Smart Card Alliance is a not-for-profit, multi-industry association working to stimulate the understanding, adoption, use and widespread application of smart card technology.
Through specific projects such as education programs, market research, advocacy, industry relations and open forums, the Alliance keeps its members connected to industry leaders and innovative thought. The Alliance is the single industry voice for smart cards, leading industry discussion on the impact and value of smart cards in the U.S. and Latin America. For more information please visit http://www.smartcardalliance.org.
Montner & Associates
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: EMV, EMV US, mobile payments, NFC, open transit payments, smart card, Isis, MasterCard, Visa, PayPal, Sales, Sales & Marketing, Education, Networking, Internet, Sales, Sales, Pro AV, Presentors, Business Issues, Presentation, Training, Events, USA, Marketwire, Inc., , Financial, Biology,