|Page (1) of 1 - 03/21/13||email article||print page|
Experience Holland's Tulips, Van Gogh's Sunflowers and Amsterdam's Canals with Viator.com(March 21, 2013)
San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) March 21, 2013
In Amsterdam, 2013 is all about numbers 7 million, 400 and 40 just to name a few and with help from the team at Viator.com the leading resource for researching and booking tours and activities worldwide travelers can experience all of them. Visitors to Amsterdam will have the chance to see more than 7 million tulips and flowers in bloom; commemorate the 40th anniversary of the Van Gogh Museum with its highly anticipated reopening; and cruise along the citys Canals, turning 400 this year. Viators things to do in Amsterdam and the Netherlands hand-selected for their special attributes, quality and value help travelers get an insiders glimpse into the Dutch marvels and masterpieces that make it a truly unique destination.
Spring has sprung in Amsterdam
Today the gates officially open to one of the most beautiful displays of nature anywhere in the world. A stroll or guided tour around Keukenhof Gardens immerses visitors into a sea of color and fragrance, with masterful outdoor gardens and equally impressive indoor exhibitions. For a sneak peak travelers can check out Viators insider video featuring Keukenhof Gardens. To see for themselves, travelers can check out:
- Keukenhof Gardens and Tulip Fields Tour from Amsterdam (likely to sell out) includes a visit to the Keukenhof Gardens and a scenic drive through the Dutch countryside
- The Amsterdam Super Saver: Zaanse Schans Windmills, Volendam and Marken Half-Day Tour plus Keukenhof Gardens Tour combines the best of everything windmills, cheese, clogs and flowers saving travelers 10% off purchasing tours separately.
- Couple a tour of the city with an exploration of the Gardens with the Amsterdam Super Saver 1 Keukenhof Gardens Day Trip and Amsterdam City Tour 10% savings off purchasing separately.
- Holland Spring Highlights Combo: Keukenhof Gardens and Amsterdam Tour with Canal Cruise combines two of Amsterdams jewels the Gardens and the Canals at a savings of nearly 20%.
The Dutch Masters
2013 will mark the reopening of two of Amsterdams magnificent museums the Rijksmuseum on April 13th and the Van Gogh Museum on May 1st. Some 75 of Van Goghs most renowned works are currently on display at the Hermitage Museum so travelers wont have to miss out. When the doors reopen the lines will be long, especially as high season for Amsterdam starts now, so travelers should consider Viators skip the line access to some of the citys most popular venues:
- Skip the Line Amsterdam and Holland Pass provides travelers with access to more than 60 museums and attractions, as well as skip the line entry to the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Keukenhof Gardens and Madame Tussauds.
- Skip the Line: Van Gogh Museum and Amsterdam Canal Bus Hop-On Hop-Off Day Pass expedites entry to the popular museum and lets travelers explore the best of Amsterdam for 24 or 48 hours at their own pace with 14 centrally located stops along the canals.
- Amsterdam Canal Hop-On Hop-Off Pass including Hermitage Museum Admission includes the same freedom to explore the city while visiting Van Goghs most famous works, temporarily on display until April 25, alongside other masters including Monet, Renoir and Delacroix.
UNESCO World Heritage Site Amsterdam Canal Ring
2013 marks the 400th anniversary of the construction of the Amsterdam Canal Ring, named to the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in 2010. A truly distinctive and mesmerizing way to explore one of Europes most unique destinations, gliding along shouldnt be missed.
- The Amsterdam Canal Bus Hop on Hop off tour is the citys answer to the iconic double-decker bus, letting travelers get well-acclimated to their destination but with the added beauty and ease of a cruise (along with discounts and skip-the-line privileges at many local museums, attractions and restaurants). Take a peak inside here.
- The Amsterdam Canals Sightseeing Cruise provides a 1-hour overview of the city via a luxury glass-topped canal boat with time to admire passing local landmarks including the Royal Palace, the National Monument and the Albert Cuyp Market.
- Great for families, the Amsterdam Canals Pizza Cruise combines the best sightseeing with six varieties of pizza, Ben and Jerrys ice cream and unlimited soft drinks, beer and wine.
- The Amsterdam Canals Dinner Cruise includes a four-course dining experience set amongst the evenings glistening lights of the canals. Heres a glimpse with a Viator insider video.
- The Amsterdam Canals Candlelight Cruise glides along the twinkling canals for a two-hour cruise with unlimited wine, cheese and tasty nibbles.
For more great tips for traveling to Amsterdam and beyond, as well as the latest deals, promotions, contests and Viator news, check out the Viator Travel Blog and follow the company on Facebook and Twitter.
Viator is the worlds leading resource to discover and book travel activities, providing online and mobile access to more than 15,000 curated trip activities including tours, attractions, shore excursions and private guides, in more than 1,000 destinations worldwide. In-house travel experts work with trusted local operators to ensure the quality and value of every experience, all backed by Viators 24/7 customer service and global low-price guarantee. With more than 350,000 verified reviews plus exclusive videos and insider travel tips, Viator has everything a traveler needs to find and book the best things to do worldwide. In addition to the flagship site -- Viator.com travelers can book in advance or in-destination via the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android, the Viator Shore Excursions website as well as local-language sites for European, Latin American and Asian travelers. Viator also provides tours and activities to more than 2,500 affiliate partners including some of the worlds top airlines, hotels and online travel agencies. Founded in 1995, Viator is a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator travel with an insider.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/3/prweb10555407.htm.
Related Keywords:food, beverage, food, food safety, lifestyle and leisure, lifestyle (house and home), consumer goods, consumer issue, consumer confidence, consumer issue, internet, computing and information technology, satellite technology, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), identification technology, agricultural research and technology, fishing industry, cinema industry, radio industry, television industry, music industry, process industry, tourism and leisure, lifestyle and leisure, , tourism and leisure, lifestyle and leisure, tourism, travel and commuting, lifestyle (house and home), plastic art, internet, entertainment award, entertainment (general), arts (general), arts, culture and entertainment, health and beauty product, health, health treatment, health organisations, government health care, private health care, , health and safety at work, lifestyle and leisure, lifestyle (house and home), health insurance, internet, consumer goods, consumer issue, consumer confidence, consumer issue