|Page (1) of 1 - 01/26/12||email article||print page|
Everyone Qualifies for Free Tax Preparation & E-Filing With TaxACT(R)All Taxpayers Can Prepare, Print, and E-File Simple and Complex Federal Returns Free With TaxACT Free Federal Edition; No Restrictions, No Gimmicks (January 26, 2012)
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/26/12 -- TaxACT is the free federal tax preparation and e-filing solution for everyone, regardless of income, age, state of residence, filing status, military status, or complexity of return.
"Free tax solutions are not created equal," said Lance Dunn, CEO of 2nd Story Software®, the makers of TaxACT. "Other free products have form limitations, which makes them appropriate for 'simple returns.'"
"Simple returns" include Form 1040EZ returns. According to the IRS 2009 Estimated Data Line Counts Individual Income Tax Returns, only 11.4% of 2009 e-filed federal returns were 1040EZ's.
TaxACT Free Federal Edition is the only free solution to include all e-fileable forms and schedules necessary for simple and complex returns, including:
- Form 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ
- Schedules A and B for itemized deductions and interest and dividends
- Schedules C, D, E and F for business owners and investors -- other free solutions do not include these required schedules
A full list of forms can be found at www.taxact.com.
In addition to all e-fileable forms, TaxACT Free Federal Edition includes:
- Step-by-step guidance plus free and unlimited personalized help -- free tax and technical answers via TaxACT's Answer Center, online and email
- Convenient options - use TaxACT over the Web, on an iPad® or download the software
- An easy way to switch - Quick Convert helps new TaxACT users quickly bring in data from last year's return
- Fast refunds - with free IRS e-file, refunds can be direct deposited in as fast as 7 days. Refunds can also be received on a TaxACT Endeavor Card® Prepaid MasterCard® or used to purchase U.S. Savings Bonds in $50 increments.
- Three guarantees - TaxACT backs every federal return with maximum refund, accuracy and satisfaction guarantees
- Time-saving tools often found in paid products - fast data entry options, Bookmarks, Stock Assistant, FAFSA worksheet, tax glossary with nearly 300 terms, loan and savings calculators
- Audit Assistant - step-by-step guidance just in case its needed
- 24/7 status of e-filed returns - check the status of federal and state returns any time, anywhere on TaxACT's website, mobile site or free companion application for the iPhone, iPod touch and Android phones.
Free Edition users can add a state return for less than half the price of others. The $14.95 TaxACT Online State price includes all part-year and non-resident forms, free e-file, free email help, Accuracy Guarantee, and more. Download users can e-file state returns for just $7.95 each (fees do not apply to NY returns).
TaxACT announced last week that it is airing a national commercial during the Super Bowl. Learn more at free.taxact.com and www.taxact.com/press.
TaxACT has been the second largest provider of online tax solutions for the past six consecutive years(1). Since 2000, TaxACT Online has assisted with more than 20 million e-filed federal returns. TaxACT is 100% made and supported in the U.S.
(1) According to collective week end reports for taxact.com and taxactonline.com released by Hitwise during the 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 tax seasons.
(319) 373-3600 X2193
Email: Email Contact
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: 2nd Story Software, Inc., USA,Marketwire, Inc., ,Apple Computer,Internet Technology,Business,Email,Other,