|Page (1) of 1 - 04/25/11||email article||print page|
European Travel Expert Rick Steves Offers Tips for Exploring Paris(April 25, 2011)
Berkeley, CA (PRWEB) April 25, 2011
In anticipation of shoulder season, travelers are gearing up for European adventures. Rick Steves, author of newly released travel guide Rick Steves Pocket Paris, is ready to jump-start their Parisian plans by offering a helpful list of nine must-see Paris sights.
Steves, whos spent 100 days every year since 1973 exploring Europe, provides invaluable recommendations on the best the City of Light has to offer, including museums, royal residences, cathedrals, and more. Sights at the top of his list include:
- Rue Cler: Elegant neighborhood in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower, where everyday Parisians live, work, shop, and play.
- Notre-Dame Cathedral: Paris most beloved church, with towers and gargoyles.
- Sainte-Chapelle: Gothic cathedral with peerless stained glass.
- Louvre: Europes oldest and greatest museum, starring Mona Lisa and Venus de Milo.
- Orsay Museum: Nineteenth-century art, including Europes greatest Impressionist collection.
- Eiffel Tower: Paris soaring exclamation point.
- Champs-Elysées: Grand boulevard of glitzy showrooms and celebrity cafes.
- Arc de Triomphe: Triumphal arch with viewpoint, marking start of Champs-Elysées.
- Versailles: The ultimate royal palace, with a Hall of Mirrors, vast gardens, and playful fountains.
Paris has been a beacon of culture for centuries. As a world capital of art, fashion, food, literature, and ideas, it stands as a symbol of all the fine things human civilization can offer, Steves said.
According to Steves, travelers heading to Paris this spring will experience sweeping boulevards, intimate bistros, chic boutiques, and world-class art galleries. His suggestions for how to best experience these attractions can be found in his new compact and easy-to-use pocket guides.
About Avalon Travel
Avalon Travel is the largest independent travel publisher based in the United States. Major series include Rick Steves, the top-selling European guidebook series in the U.S., and Moon, with guides to more than 200 destinations around the world. In addition to guidebooks, Avalon markets and sells Rick Steves phrase books, maps, DVDs, eBooks, and iPhone applications. Avalon also publishes the best-selling Road Trip USA road guide. Based in Berkeley, CA, Avalon is a member of the Perseus Books Group. For more information, visit http://www.avalontravelbooks.com.
# # #
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/4/prweb8337930.htm.
Related Keywords:tourism and leisure, lifestyle and leisure, tourism, travel and commuting, lifestyle (house and home), fishing industry, cinema industry, radio industry, television industry, music industry, process industry, tourism and leisure, lifestyle and leisure, , lifestyle and leisure, lifestyle (house and home), economy, business and finance, financial and business service, business enterprises, business (general), travel and commuting, education, adult education, further education, university, religious education, plastic art, entertainment award,