|Page (1) of 1 - 01/16/12||email article||print page|
Epicor Empowers SMB Retailers With Epicor Eagle Release 21Retailers Soar to New Heights With Advanced Performance, Inventory, and Mobile Management Tools (January 16, 2012)
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 01/16/12 -- NRF 2012 -- Booth 2105 -- Epicor Software Corporation, a global leader in business software solutions for manufacturing, distribution, retail and services organizations, today announced the availability of its Epicor® Eagle® Release 21 business management system for small to medium sized businesses, highlighting its benefits to retailers here today at NRF 2012, the flagship retail industry event held annually in New York City.
Empowering businesses with smart, fast and mobile business management functionality combined with intuitive customer-centric point-of-sale capabilities, Release 21 of Epicor® Eagle® features a new technology stack to deliver a higher degree of sophistication in features and functionality. New and improved access to real-time performance data and streamlined inventory planning tools support improved speed and accuracy of decision making for better business performance. Additional new functionality supports enterprise mobility and streamlined checkouts for improved customer service.
"More than 8,000 stores in the Hardware & Home Center, Pharmacy, Lumber & Building Materials, Lawn & Garden Center, Automotive Aftermarket, Farm-Home and Sporting Goods sectors depend on Epicor Eagle to run and drive their businesses," said Paul Salsgiver, executive vice president and general manager, retail software for Epicor. "The advanced technology architecture in Release 21 delivers powerful business management functionality that businesses and retailers need to be agile, strategic, and to compete against 'big box' competitors, and represents a significant leapfrogging of competitive offerings."
New functionality includes:
- Epicor Eagle Performance Manager: Provides dynamic, real-time graphical views of business information via rich dashboards, scorecards and reports for "at-a-glance" monitoring of operations. Retailers can view critical performance analytics, and quickly pinpoint and anticipate issues for rich and intelligent decision making.
- Epicor Eagle Inventory Planner: Analyzing sales data and leveraging an intuitive forecasting utility, Epicor Eagle Inventory Planner supports improved inventory management by synchronizing supply and demand for reduced stock outs/overstocks and lower carrying costs. More precise -- and easier -- inventory decision-making resulting in increased sales and profits while improving customer service, satisfaction and loyalty.
- Epicor Eagle POS Touch: POS Touch brings four powerful tools to the sales counter: an intuitive touchscreen terminal, a compelling consumer display, a biometric fingerprint reader for instantaneous log in, and digital receipt functionality. Providing a streamlined and more value added experience at the counter for customers and sales personnel, the Epicor Eagle POS Touch tools can be purchased separately or collectively.
The solution also offers new mobile functionality, including:
- Epicor Eagle Mobile Manager: Supporting iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and Android mobile devices, Epicor Eagle Mobile Manager provides anytime access to up-to-the-minute metrics and inventory, sales and customer information. Managers can receive alerts and respond to override requests -- and in general, make more informed decisions and run their business better -- from any location.
- Epicor Eagle Mobile POS: Streamlines the shopping experience by bringing the register to the customer. This wireless checkout solution brings line-busting to the sales floor, enabling sales associates to assist customers from the aisle.
A November 2011 Forrester Research, Inc. report written by Vice President and Principal Analyst Julie A. Ask says mobility is fast becoming table stakes for retail to both address new and emerging operational requirements and to meet customer expectations. "Handheld devices can offer timely product, pricing, and inventory information to help capture sales. Imagine if store associates not only had their store information but also could order from other stores in the chain by searching their inventory." The report also states, "Consumers expect relevant or contextual experiences that minimize the number of steps required to help complete tasks or give them what they want (e.g., information or entertainment)."(1)
For additional information regarding Epicor Eagle Release 21, please visit Epicor in booth #2105 at NRF 2012, or visit www.epicor.com.
About Epicor Software Corporation
Epicor Software Corporation is a global leader delivering business software solutions to the manufacturing, distribution, retail and services industries. With nearly 40 years of experience serving midmarket organizations and divisions of Global 1000 companies, Epicor has more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries. Epicor enterprise resource planning (ERP), point of sale (POS), supply chain management (SCM), and human capital management (HCM) enable companies to drive increased efficiency and improve profitability. With a history of innovation, industry expertise and passion for excellence, Epicor inspires customers to build lasting competitive advantage. Epicor provides the single point of accountability that local, regional and global businesses demand. The Company's headquarters are located in California, with offices and affiliates worldwide. For more information, visit www.epicor.com.
Epicor and Eagle are registered trademarks of Epicor Software Corporation. Other trademarks referenced are the property of their respective owners. The product and service offerings depicted in this document are produced by Epicor Software Corporation.
(1) Source: Forrester Research, Inc. "Mobile Mandate For eBusiness Professionals," by Julie A. Ask (November 16, 2011)
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: pos software, retail systems, retail software, retail operations, retail planning, Marketwire, Inc., , Apple Computer, Sporting Goods, Lumber, Business, Other,