|Page (1) of 1 - 09/18/03||email article||print page|
Eovia Ships Carrara Studio 3New modeling and rendering options highlight major update to 3D suite
Carrara Studio 3 includes two new rendering engines: Eovia Impression, a non-photographic renderer for producing paint, chalk and other effects, and Eovia Photon Reality 2.0, a global illumination renderer with HDRI support. A variety of improvements have been made to Carrara's rendering capabilities, including performance, Gaussian filtering, sky dome illumination, raytraced soft shadows, alpha channel rendering and other features.
For modeling, the new version includes a Dynamic Extrusion Tool for both basic and complex objects; UV Editor for control over texture placement and complex shading; Shading Domains for texturing a complex model; improvements to the Vertex Modeler; enhanced Subdivision Tool with edge creasing; Tree Maker for adding trees to a scene; and an improved Spline Modeler.
Other new features in version 3 include:
- New shader functions, including Color Gradient Shader, Curve Shader, Fractal Noise Shader and Environment Shader;
- Overlay Operator for combining two shaders;
- Scene Wizard, a collection of pre-defined 3D scenes used as starting points, rather than a blank page;
- 300 new shading presets;
- Planet texture maps;
- 400 various improvements and optimizations;
- New export capabilities, including the integration of the WebXport 2 Viewpoint Experience Technology extension and the ShockXport 2 Shockwave extension.
Carrara Studio 3 is available now for Mac OS 9, Mac OS X and Windows. The full version runs $399. Upgrade pricing is also available for users of Carrara Studio 1 or 2, Amapi, Carrara, Ray Dream and Infini-D, starting at $169. For more information, visit http://www.eovia.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at email@example.com.
Related Keywords:Eovia Ships Carrara Studio 3