|Page (1) of 1 - 11/08/02||email article||print page|
Eovia Ships Carrara 3D BasicsVersion 3.0.1 gets bug fixes, performance improvements
Carrara 3D Basics is designed for users with little or no 3D experience. It offers several standard modeling features, as well as the ability to modify any of the 900 figure and primitive models that ship with the software. It supports texturing and shading, including a multichannel shader editor for modifying patterns, lighting, shadows, reflection, refraction, transparency and bump mapping. Other features include:
- Inverse kinematics;
- Spline, metaball, terrain and text modeling;
- Automatic behaviors, such as explosions;
- Light effects and lens flares;
- Sky simulation;
- Timeline-based animation, along with tweening, constraints and storyboard features;
- Rendering with support for two-level antialiasing, raytracing, Z-buffer, reflection and refracted transparency;
- Rendering sizes up to 1,280 x 1,024;
- WebXport 2 plugin for exporting 3D for the Web;
- Support for GIF, JPEG, PICT, BMP, Animated GIF, AVI, QuickTime, VETT, Carrara File format (.car), 3DS, DXF, Ray Dream and Infini-D.
Carrara 3D Basics is available now for Mac OS 9, Mac OS X and Windows. It runs $99. For more information, visit http://www.eovia.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at email@example.com.
Related Keywords:Eovia Ships Carrara 3D Basics
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved