|Page (1) of 1 - 07/12/05||email article||print page|
Envivio to Show New Features of Mindshare at Syllabus2005Real-time viewing and advanced recording capabilities enhance presentation system (July 12, 2005)
Envivio Inc. will showcase the new features of its Mindshare Presentation system at Syllabus2005 in the exhibit hall July 26 and 27th. Currently in use by universities and colleges, the systems real-time viewing and advanced recording capabilities make it ideal for distance, on-line, and on-demand learning applications. Featuring MPEG-4 technology to minimize bandwidth requirements as well as synchronize presentation elements, the system broadcasts and records rich media presentations over IP networks.
The Mindshare Presentation system is a highly optimized one-to-many communication system that can deliver interactive media presentations live and on-demand to thousands of viewers over any IP network. User friendly, the Mindshare Presentation system takes advantage of advanced MPEG-4 compression standards and technology to deliver all the elements of the presentation - video, audio, screen capture, text, and images - as part of a single multi-track MPEG-4 stream. The system overcomes the usual limitations of synchronization, scalability, latency, and reliability found in traditional webcasting systems. Each system can support hundreds of hours of recording and includes the latest versions of the EnvivioTV player for the Mac and PC.
New features include:
* The ability to capture both 16x9 and 4x3 standard aspect ratios at native resolutions for input from any VGA screen.
* More options from the physical control panel of the Mindshare Composer Lite system allow users to start, stop and export presentation files with a touch of a button.
* New and improved design templates offer more options including picture in picture, dynamic scaling and object overlays for the video and screen capture.
* Improved web-based administration interface includes a progress bar, file size indication, and optimized usability menus.
* Enhanced default presets are optimized to ensure the best set of parameters for recording and display of a presentation based on the user selected compression levels.
* A new PowerPoint plug-in (for Windows) enables automatic chapter insertion on slide flips, while the presentation is being recorded.
Using the interactive features of MPEG-4, the Envivio Mindshare Presentation system expands the boundaries of any classroom, conference room or auditorium. With the Mindshare system, the output of any VGA device such as Macs, PCs, electronic whiteboards, document cameras or medical imaging devices can be broadcast along with the video signal of either a live presenter or a pre-recorded video file. Viewers receive the information in a single synchronized high-quality, low bit rate MPEG-4 file and can view the presentation from a PC, Mac, or even from a large plasma screen. Behind the scenes, the system simultaneously records the entire presentation as one interactive file to create an immediate archive for playback and distribution.
About Envivio Inc.
Envivio Inc. is the leading provider of MPEG-4 (including AVC / H.264) systems derived from its own video, network and multimedia technologies. These systems power revenue generating and bandwidth saving applications and services for the broadcast, enterprise and telco markets. Using Envivio products enables customers to reduce their operational costs by making their existing infrastructure more efficient and by creating new applications and services that were before not possible. Working with leading industry partners, the company's open standards-based technology and systems are used to deliver complete end-to-end video-based solutions that range from mobile video services, digital television over IP, enterprise communications to high definition television.
Visit www.envivio.com for more information.
Related Keywords:Envivio, Mindshare, Syllabus2005, presentation, MPEG-4, webcasting, EnvivioTV, PowerPoint,