|Page (1) of 1 - 09/27/04||email article||print page|
Envivio and NetCentrex Demonstrate IPlay3 At IBC 2004Integrated Triple Play solution - voice/video/data over IP, IP-TV, IP-VOD (September 27, 2004)
Envivio, a leading provider of MPEG-4 and H.264 broadcast and streaming solutions, and NetCentrex, the leading enabler of converged voice-video-data networks and next-generation services, recently showed at IBC 2004 a live demonstration of a single, fully integrated Triple Play solution that enables service providers to offer value-added voice and video services on top of a high-speed Internet offering. The demonstration was held at Envivio's Stand 1.469.
Delivered by the IPlay3 consortium, this solution merges the market-leading VoIP, IP-TV, IP-VOD, and OSS/BSS technologies from Envivio, NetCentrex, and Highdeal, the leading provider of pricing, high-performance rating, and settlement solutions for emerging services. The IPlay3 solution will bring new opportunities to service providers as they move to offer value-added voice and video services on top of a high-speed Internet offering.
As the best platform for delivering residential Triple Play services, IPlay3 offers:
* An integrated solution to enable easy, fast, and cost-effective deployment, management, and billing for all IP services.
* An IP services platform with unique differentiation to enable increased revenue generation and reduced customer churn.
* Seamless integration and ready deployment of voice, video on demand (VOD), and live TV, including HDTV, to the subscriber through the IP network.
* An architecture designed to anticipate future interactive voice-video applications such as gaming, security, telemedicine, telework, and e-learning.
* A "don't get up" TV interface to services with "change on the fly" subscription features.
Components of the IPlay3 solution include:
* IP telephony: a standards-based (SIP/MGCP/H.323) carrier-grade, scalable platform delivering complete Class 5 and innovative voice-video interactive features.
* IP video: Both live TV and VOD in a complete, high-performance video platform based on the leading-edge Main Profile H.264 standard and an integrated client portal based on MPEG-4 systems. Video one-to-one calling using the H.263 standard on a video phone.
* Transaction management: a flexible, Triple Play enabled, multi-tier platform including pricing, rating, billing, settlement, and profit simulation and analysis.
* Subscriber services: a portal framework enabling user access to delivered services.
Envivio is a leading provider of complete MPEG-4 and H.264 solutions, which consist of a rich set of integrated streaming media tools and systems. The company has established itself as the most experienced creator of high-quality MPEG-4/H.264 solutions that enable broadcasters, network operators, content developers, and enterprises to build new revenue streams and use the efficiencies of delivering content to the full range of MPEG-4 capable devices. The Envivio solution includes various components to create, encode, protect, distribute, manage, and view MPEG-4 content.
For more information, please visit the Envivio website at http://www.envivio.com.
NetCentrex develops next-generation networking products and network-based applications for three main markets: business communications, customer interactions, and broadband residential communications. NetCentrex' solutions include voice portals, network-based multimedia contact centers, voice and video over IP virtual private networks (VPN), IP Centrex services, business trunking, infrastructure and Class IV solution and residential broadband communication services. The solutions enable both service providers and enterprises to build converged networks and to deploy a wide variety of advanced, high value-added communication services which have minimum installation requirements and lower operational costs. All solutions are built on the NetCentrex Softswitch and Media Server platforms that provide core infrastructure and network connectivity.
Founded in 1998, NetCentrex has over 200 customers worldwide, including Comunitel, Contactel, Equant, France Telecom, FastWeb, Inclarity, LatAmNap, Lyse Tele, MTU-Intel, Orbitel, Prosodie, Telecom Italia, Telefonica Deutschland, Tiscali, TransTeleCom and Xpedite. International partners include Cisco Systems, Hewlett-Packard and Intel.
For more information, please visit the NetCentrex website at http://www.netcentrex.net.
Related Keywords:Envivio, NetCentrex, IPlay3, IBC, Triple Play, IP-TV, IP-VOD, MPEG-4, H.264, Highdeal, IP telephony, IP video, video phone,