|Page (1) of 1 - 01/10/06||email article||print page|
Enterprise-Class Server Joins FontAgent Pro FamilyFontAgent Pro Server joins Desktop and Workgroup editions (January 10, 2006)
Insider Software today announced FontAgent Pro Server, an enterprise server version of FontAgent Pro, its Macworld Showtime Best of Show Award winner. The Server Edition joins the Desktop and Workgroup Editions of FontAgent Pro to provide the most complete set of font management solutions for creative professionals and IT managers. FontAgent Pro Server is on display this week at Macworld Expo in San Francisco at Booth 621.
FontAgent Pro Server brings Insider's renowned ease of use and stability to the enterprise. While maintaining its familiar intuitive interface, FontAgent Pro Server provides the following key features:
Server Performance and Reliability
* Unparalleled architecture speeds font synchronization with little overhead on client workstations
* Integrity manager stops corrupt and problem fonts from being added to the server, preventing crashes and output problems across the organization
* Highly reliable architecture keeps users productive, even when disconnected from the server
Support for Multiple Font Libraries and Formats
* Designers and printers can isolate customer fonts in separate libraries to ensure consistent and correct output
* Single server manages multiple libraries
* Server manages Type 1, OpenType, dfont, Macintosh TrueType, Windows TrueType and Multiple Master fonts
Distributing and Synchronizing Fonts
* Client workstations synchronize with the server automatically at specified times
* Users can manually access new fonts and resources with one click
* Remote workers can synchronize with the server over the Internet
* Fonts deleted from server are deleted from client workstations at next sync
* Lock workstations to prevent unauthorized addition and deletion of fonts
Administering Fonts, Sets, Users and Groups
* Define users and groups, and assign them access to font libraries and font sets with a few clicks
* Administer server with appropriate security credentials from any connected client workstation
* Server logs provide audit trails of changes to server and client font configurations
Cost-Effective, Flexible Deployment
* Broad server hardware support from dual G4 processors to G5s and Xserve. No dedicated server required.
* Connects to any networked Macintosh client running Panther or Tiger versions of Mac OS X (versions 10.3.x or later)
About FontAgent Pro
FontAgent Pro, designed for creative professionals, provides a complete font management system that integrates diagnostics, repair, font selection, font book creation, and design tools in a single powerful, yet simple application.
FontAgent Pro Server requires Mac OS X version 10.3 or later, 30 megabytes of disk space and a server with at least 256 megabytes of memory. No dedicated server hardware required.
Pricing and Availability
FontAgent Pro Server has a suggested retail price of $1495, but an introductory special price of $995 is available for a limited time. Clients are $129.95 each and upgrades from the standalone and workgroup edition of FontAgent Pro are available. FontAgent Pro Server will ship this month.
About Insider Software
Founded in 1994, Insider Software makes products that streamline the creative process.
For more information visit www.insidersoftware.com.
Related Keywords:FontAgent Pro, Insider Software, FontAgent Pro Server, font management,