|Page (1) of 1 - 11/28/11||email article||print page|
Ensure Your Online Shoppers Will Have a Safe Shopping Experience This Holiday Season With Easy-to-Use and Nothing to Install Free Security Services From QualysFree Services Provide Safe Online Shopping by Ensuring Browsers Are Up-to-Date and Ecommerce Web Sites Are Not Vulnerable to Cyber Attacks (November 28, 2011)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/28/11 -- Qualys, Inc., the leading provider of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) IT security risk and compliance management solutions, is offering businesses a free license to use the company's SECURE Seal protection from now until January 30th, 2012, along with Qualys BrowserCheck and SSL Server Audit. These free services combined will enable businesses to protect their customers, employees and web presence against accidental and deliberate attacks during the busiest shopping period of the year -- Cyber Monday through New Year's. The protection is provided as a service, so there is no software to install or manage. Sign up for this free offer at http://www.qualys.com/holiday.
The holidays are a challenging time for many businesses, especially in the current economic climate. There is enough to worry about without having to be constantly checking whether your web site is secure and your employees have kept their browsers (and anti-virus software) up to date. However, with a large number of people expected to do their holiday shopping online -- often at work -- it is wise to take precautions to ensure safe online shopping, as research indicates:
- 83% of employees admit to using a work computer for personal use (Source: Cisco)
- 79.9% of web sites containing malicious code were legitimate sites that had been compromised (Source: Websense)
- 47% of people plan to shop online this holiday season (Source: National Retail Federation)
"Browsers and web sites are the primary targets for cyber attackers, so online shoppers and businesses need to take the proactive measures to protect themselves this holiday season," said Philippe Courtot, chairman and CEO for Qualys. "Ensuring your browser and all its plug-ins are at the latest security level is a must -- and it takes only four seconds for Qualys to help you find out. Making sure your business web site is not compromised or vulnerable to attacks is equally as important, and the Qualys SECURE Seal provides an effective solution for maintaining a rigorous and proactive security program to help you safeguard your customers' data."
Qualys' free, easy-to-use security services help businesses focus on growing their sales instead of worrying about security:
- Qualys SECURE Seal enables businesses of all sizes to scan their web sites for the presence of malware and network and web application vulnerabilities, as well as SSL certificate validation. Once a web site passes the scans, the Qualys SECURE Seal service generates a Qualys SECURE seal for the company's web site to assure customers that the site is certified safe.
- Qualys BrowserCheck instantly scans the user's browser looking for vulnerabilities in the browser and its plug-ins, providing links to fix any issues detected.
- SSL Server Test performs a deep analysis of the configuration of any SSL web server on the public Internet, enabling users to check for themselves the security of a site at the only time that matters -- right before they click on it.
Organizations interested in taking up this offer are invited to sign up on the Qualys web site at http://www.qualys.com/holiday.
Qualys, Inc. is the leading provider of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) IT security risk and compliance management solutions. Qualys solutions are deployed in a matter of hours anywhere in the world, providing customers an immediate and continuous view of their security and compliance postures.
The QualysGuard® service is used today by more than 5,000 organizations in 85 countries, including 50 of the Fortune 100, and performs more than 500 million IP audits per year. Qualys has the largest vulnerability management deployment in the world at a leading global company, and has been recognized by leading industry analysts for its market leadership. Qualys was recently named Best Security Company in the Excellence Awards category of the 2011 SC Awards U.S.
Qualys has established strategic agreements with leading managed service providers and consulting organizations including BT, Etisalat, Fujitsu, IBM, I(TS)2, LAC, NTT, Dell SecureWorks, Symantec, Tata Communications and TELUS. Qualys is a founding member of the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA).
For more information, please visit www.qualys.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: qualys, risk management, it security, USA, Marketwire, Inc., , IT (Information Technology), Security, Internet Technology, Business, Internet, Browsers,