|Page (1) of 1 - 10/22/04||email article||print page|
Enfocus Software to Ship Instant PDF 3.0Essential tool for creating press-ready PDFs (October 22, 2004)
Enfocus Software announces availability of new Instant PDF 3.0, an essential tool for producing press-ready files. Shipping in mid-October, Enfocus Instant PDF 3.0 removes the uncertainty and technical complexity from the PDF creation process and automatically creates Certified PDFs that comply with any print or ad vendors’ specifications.
Instant PDF 3.0 is available stand-alone, in distribution packs, and is also included in the new Enfocus PDF Workflow Suite.
Enfocus CEO David van Driessche says that Instant PDF 3.0 closes the communication gap between the creative and production processes, providing document creators and receivers the means to achieve consistent PDF output and quality control via Certified PDF technology.
“We consulted with a wide variety of designers and printers, and the overwhelming consensus was that simplifying and automating PDF quality control would bring them the most benefit,” van Driessche says. “Now designers can create PDFs that automatically comply with the print quality specifications set-up by their printing or publishing partners.”
Instant PDF 3.0 Developments Extended to Benefit all Certified PDF Workflows
Instant PDF 3.0 moves Certified PDF creation upstream. Using Instant PDF 3.0, creative professionals are now able to create Certified PDFs from within their layout application(s). The powerful Enfocus Certified PDF technology, incorporated in all Enfocus products, guarantees that files comply with print or advertisement vendors’ specifications and eliminates the need to re-preflight PDFs at every step of the workflow.
The Instant PDF 3.0-Powered PDF Workflow
With a copy of Instant PDF 3.0 on their workstations, designers can easily download printers’ PDF specifications – expressed by the Enfocus PDF Queue – to transparently guide the entire PDF creation and preflight process from the point of design and throughout the entire PDF workflow, through to prepress and output.
Enfocus PDF Queues published on CertifiedPDF.net by printers, publishers, industry associations, and Enfocus can be directly imported from within Instant PDF. The built-in synchronization feature that interacts with CertifiedPDF.net guarantees that imported PDF Queues remain up-to-date, ensuring ongoing consistency with workflow partners.
Once imported, PDF Queues become accessible through the “Save as Certified PDF” file menu option in leading page layout and PDF applications such as Adobe InDesign, QuarkXPress, and Adobe Acrobat, and through the PDF Services feature in the Mac OS X print panel. Creative professionals remain productive in their familiar environment without having to worry about print styles, PDF export and other PDF creation settings. The bottom line is that designers are free to design without agonizing over the technical aspects of PDF file creation.
Comprehensive, In-Application Help System
In addition, Instant PDF 3.0 provides a comprehensive, in-application help system. This help system contains a complete description of possible errors and warnings that appear during preflight, and assists the document creator in solving them. (See below, “Enfocus Instant PDF 3.0 Highlights,” for additional product features.)
Pricing & Availability
Instant PDF 3.0 is available stand-alone for $199 US/EURO, and in volume licenses starting at 5 or more users. Discounted distribution packs are also being made available to enable printers and publishers to equip their design partners and customers with Instant PDF 3.0 for a price as low as $50 US/EURO per copy. Instant PDF 3.0 is also part of the new Enfocus PDF Workflow Suite. This solution suite contains Instant PDF 3.0 for set-up of Enfocus PDF Queues, a license to use CertifiedPDF.net to publish PDF Queues, PitStop Server to automatically check and correct incoming PDFs, and PitStop Professional to create PDF Profiles and Action Lists and to manually inspect, edit and correct PDFs.
Enfocus Instant PDF 3.0 Highlights
Enfocus Instant PDF 3.0 removes the uncertainty and technical complexity from the PDF creation process, creating reliable Certified PDFs that comply with printer or publisher specifications.
Highlights for the Document Creator
* Creators generate Enfocus PDF Queues using Instant PDF 3.0
* Simple, hassle-free set-up and maintenance of PDF Queues
* PDF Queues guide the entire PDF creation process, eliminating any agonizing over the technical aspects of PDF file creation
* PDF Queues contain all settings that impact PDF quality including print styles, PDF export and Adobe PDF settings
* PDF Queues self-install, reducing manual configuration and set-up
* PDF/X-1a, PDF/X-3 and Ghent PDF Workgroup-compliant PDF Queues included
* Production, print vendor or industry association-specific PDF Queues accessible through CertifiedPDF.net
* Updates PDF Queues automatically through CertifiedPDF.net synchronization
* Standard PDF Queue Editor allows intuitive customization
Ease of use
* Consistent “Save as Certified PDF” integration with Adobe InDesign, QuarkXPress and Adobe Acrobat minimizes the need for learning a new application
* Save time by not leaving the layout application
* Preflight PDF files exported directly from Mac OS X
* In-application help clearly explains errors, offering solutions to fix errors and tips on how to avoid them in the future
Integrated Certified PDF technology provides unprecedented reliability
* Embeds all information related to document creation and preflight
* Provides immediate, visual feedback on preflight status
* Automatically corrects errors during preflight
Immediate return on investment
* Can easily justify ROI with one print job
Highlights for the Document Receiver
All settings-in-one: Enfocus PDF Queue provides complete control over the PDF creation process
* PDF Queue contains all settings for consistent PDF creation & delivery from within applications such as QuarkXPressÔ and Adobe InDesign. Can include Print Styles and PDF Export settings, Adobe PDF Settings, the Enfocus PDF Profile and Action List, file naming configuration and automated delivery settings.
* PDF Queues an be published on CertifiedPDF.net for easy distribution to customers
* Instant PDF synchronizes with CertifiedPDF.net for easy communication of changes to specifications and to ensure consistent use of settings
* Integrated locking system guarantees the integrity of those settings in a PDF Queue that should not be changed by creators
* PDF Queue set-up can be based on industry standards like PDF/X-1a, PDF/X-3 and Ghent PDF Workgroup, avoiding the need to start from scratch
Receive flawless PDF documents via integrated, award-winning Certified PDF technology
* Guarantees compliancy with PDF quality specifications and significantly reduces time spent on incoming files
* Automatic corrections will fix typical errors, even in PDFs created from MS Office applications
Comprehensive, in-application support
* Provides information on preflight errors and warnings, as well as solutions on how to repair
* Significantly reduces the load on customer service and prepress operators
* Allows customers to learn from their experiences and build better PDF files moving forward
About Enfocus Software
Enfocus Software is internationally recognized for award-winning PDF workflow tools that power simplified, automated, and reliable PDF file exchange and accurate PDF output between designers, publishers and printers. From the smallest shops just starting out with PitStop Professional – to the largest multinationals utilizing the Certified PDF standard – industry-leading Enfocus tools and technology lead professionals through the entire PDF workflow to deliver unmatched PDF production, auto-correction, advanced editing and automation. Key partners including Agfa, Artwork Systems, Creo, Electronics for Imaging (EFI), Fujifilm, Global Graphics, Heidelberg, Xerox, Vio and Screen Europe have integrated Enfocus technologies into their own PDF workflow system offerings.
For more information, visit www.enfocus.com.
Enfocus Software is a wholly owned subsidiary of Artwork Systems Group.
Related Keywords:Enfocus, Enfocus Software, Instant PDF 3.0, PDF, Enfocus PDF Workflow Suite, David van Driessche, Certified PDF, printing, publishing, preflight, prepress, Enfocus PDF Queue, InDesign, QuarkXPress, Acrobat, Adobe, PitStop Server, PitStop Professional,