|Page (1) of 1 - 06/20/12||email article||print page|
Emkay Global Obtains Improved Cost Control Visibility With InforFinancials Business Application Selected to Improve General Ledger Accounting (June 20, 2012)
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 06/20/12 -- Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Emkay Global, an established financial services company that creates seamless investment opportunities for its clients across India, has successfully deployed Infor10 Financials Business (SunSystems). Infor10 Financials Business helps Emkay Group analyze data from real-time reporting of the company's General Ledger accounting. Infor worked together with its channel partner Mondial IT Consultants Pvt Ltd., who created the value proposition and undertook the implementation at Emkay Global.
- Emkay Global needed to control costs and make cost allocations to various strategic business units (SBU) of the company in a secure environment. This required capturing information at the data-entry level and reporting upon that information, a process that the implementation of Infor10 Financials Business helped to enable.
- Infor10 Financials Business now helps approximately 30 finance and accounts members to capture additional value-add information in real time. Financials Business works on a client-server architecture whilst also providing capabilities for working over the web.
- Prior to deploying Financials Business, Emkay Global used Trade Plus and Tally systems in different SBUs. Emkay Global moved to the Infor10 application based on Infor's extensive knowledge and experience in this domain. The latest release of the software introduces new innovative technologies that transform the user experience for greater productivity and connectivity.
- The project team was faced with two key challenges while deploying Financials Business: a limited timeframe in which to implement the software to enable it for live use and configuring it to interface with existing applications. A delay in bringing the system live would have caused a huge back-log to be fed in the new solution.
Emkay Global Quote
"The key for us is cost control and interfacing with our other solutions to provide real-time information. We chose Infor10 Financials Business as we needed a long-term and scalable application that is well suited to the needs of a company in the financial services industry, like ours, without having to customize the software," said Saket Agarwal, AVP, Accounts & Finance, Emkay Global. "Financials Business also gave us total flexibility, as it works on our server architecture and also has the capability to be deployed over the web."
"With 30 years of experience built into it, our Financials Business application can help customers integrate multinational financial management and local accounting systems to create unparalleled visibility across global operations," said Souma Das, vice president, Sales and Managing director, India. "It helps provide a streamlined process that keeps them in control of their financial resource management with greater information access, visibility and control than ever before."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor10 - www.infor.com/solutions/infor10/
- Infor10 Financials Business (SunSystems)
Infor is the world's third-largest supplier of enterprise applications and services, helping more than 70,000 large and mid-size companies improve operations and drive growth across numerous industry sectors. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Infor, Emkay, Financials, SunSystems, Sales,Applications,Finance,Sales & Marketing,Productivity Applications,Internet,Business Issues,Software Development,Other Applications,Architecture,Internet Server Applications,Web Servers,Management,Finance/Accounting,Sales,Finance/Accounting,Sales,India,Marketwire,IT (Information Technology),Enterprise Applications,Financial,Application Software,Internet Technology,Business,india,Other,